Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was flying back to Raincouver yesterday and was reading Air Canada's onboard magazine and they noted the iPhone was $710 for the 4GB version and you can order it by phoning 1-800-something or going to Apple Canada as if it's available right now. Sorry I couldn't scan it but way to jump the gun isn't it?

·
Premium Member
4,485 Posts
enRoute doesn't have a high turnover rate (quarterly I think). Some people won't see that magazine for months. Every now and then, there are early placements. Sometimes the placement is very late. When I was at Apple working the on the Newton line, an enRoute article was shot and prepared early but we wouldn't let them publish until the product was announced and the article got pushed out a few months (at least one past announcement). In the case of the iPhone, Apple has already announced the product so they aren't giving anything away. Most people will check the website if interested and find that it's not available yet, no biggie.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Apple has already announced the product so they aren't giving anything away. Most people will check the website if interested and find that it's not available yet, no biggie.
They haven't announced availability for Canada so this suggests either a mistake based on no real information (which would be odd since they used Canadian Dollars and mentioned Apple Canada), or there is reason for real optimism about the short-term prospects of an iPhone announcement in Canada.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts