Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While surfing to all the sites on a PC machine using IE 5.0 which I visit at home on a daily basis via Safari, I noticed all the pop-ups that come up from many of my well-visited sites!! At home, Safari blocks 'em all and I don't even know they exist. Don't you just love Apple's new browser? :cool:

·
Registered
645 Posts
I have to agree with you on that
Apple's Safari has yet to give me one pop up ad on any site that I have visited since Safari was released. It is such a joy to surf the web and not be blogged down with pop up ads every few seconds.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I’m impressed with it as well. At work I’m on an NT network and supposedly the firewall blocks pop-ups, but it doesn’t work all the time. I still get a lot of advertising and really notice it compared to no pop-ups at home on my Ti. Surfing is much more pleasant with out pop-ups.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Heheheh... Urban_Legend said "blogged down"

That was funny.

Oh and yes, Safari blocking pop up ads is 95% good.

Except when it spontaneously quits because a pop up freaks it out. (I've seen it happen occasionally).

Or when I really WANT to visit pr0n sites...

:cool:

·
Left The Building
8,376 Posts
For a beta, Safari is just great. The built-in pop-up blocking is a godsend - nice to have these annoyances pre-empted by this feature.

At work on my (ugh, wince) WinXP box there are some websites that I have to visit once or twice a day, which have so many pop-ups it's unbelievable. I had to install a little freeware program designed to block 'em. What's most unnerving on the Windoze side is that some innocent-looking pop-ups on some sites do fly-by installations of spyware, or contain code that re-sets your default homepage to something else. Very sneaky, and way beyond annoying.

It's so darn nice to come home to my iMac and OS X every evening...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.