Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Im 15 years old and live in Ottawa and want to work at an apple store for a part time job. Is there any age restrictions for applying there? I know a hell of a lot about the tech world and I even find myself correcting geniuses at the genius bar when I go in for my iPhone. I have some retail experience also... Would age matter even if I had these kinds of skills?

·
Apple Certified
2,726 Posts
As I understand it you have have to be 18 to apply for a job.

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
As I understand it you have have to be 18 to apply for a job.
Wrong. The minimum age to work in most places is 14. There are restrictions for certain jobs (logging, factory work, etc).

To answer the OP's question... I highly doubt Apple would hire someone under 18 years old - but you never know. Can't hurt to apply.

·
Apple Certified
2,726 Posts
You understand wrong. The minimum age to work in most places is 14. There are restrictions for certain jobs (logging, factory work, etc).

To answer the OP's question... I highly doubt Apple would hire someone under 18 years old - but you never know. Can't hurt to apply.
I was referring to the OPs question in regards to working at the Apple Store, not employment in general.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I honestly don't know if 15 would be too young to work at the Apple store but my suggestion would be to go ahead and apply anyways since the worst thing they can do is say no. You certainly won't be worse off for applying.

·
Premium Member
11,953 Posts
While they may not hire you due to age (as I recall Apple has an overall policy of hiring only 18+), your interest and knowledge will be noted, particularly if you have a particular speciality that matches their focus areas (like publishing, or music, or video/film).

If they say no, don't be discouraged. If you have *both* a strong knowledge of Apple products *and* a genuinely consumer-friendly manner and personality (hint: this combination is often quite difficult to find in "geeks"), you'll eventually have a job there. It may take a while, but your time will come.

PS. Don't forget about the many independent Apple dealers out there. They could use someone like that just as much if not more than an Apple store.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts