Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I check to see if the enabler installed correctly?

As well, anyone else install this and had any performance gains? I hear that it may improve speed even on a "G" router.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I don't see how it will improve performance on anything other than an N router. If you are connecting to a G router, you will get G speeds. Having an N enabled computer won't change that.

If you have a N router, you can open Network Utility (in the Utilities folder) and click on the info tab at the top. On the left side of the window, about half way down, check your link speed. My link speed (MacBook Pro Santa Rosa -> Airport Extreme N) is 300Mb, which is N. Down further on the same screen it will show the Model for your wireless adapter (card). It will show you there if it is N enabled.

If you don't have an N router, I wouldn't bother.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Wow, 300Mbits.

That's pretty good speed. On my AEn, I'm getting 130Mbits. I have run the AE enabler software. It was only 50Mbits before on my old AE. I wonder if I did something in setting up this new AE?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.