Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering buying my next iMac from Macwarehouse. From what I can tell, their prices are a little more affordable than Apple which pretty much offsets the add fee they charge for shipping.

As with any major purchase, I like to hear from people who have had dealings with a seller. I value the opinions and input from fellow ehMac-ians, so fire away!

P

·
Registered
154 Posts
WOW!, I haven't posted in a while (School and all
). Anyway to the topic at hand

MacWarehouse has excellent prices and excellent service. I ordered an iPod for a friend their once, and a clear iPod case, the service was excellent and I highly recommend them

Good luck, hope they work for you like they worked for me

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've bought software from them in the past. I prefer dealing with a smaller reseller who offers personal service, but I've never had a problem with MacWarehouse. Back ordered products sometimes took a few weeks to arrive, but that could happen with any supplier.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
I have no first hand experience, but My fathers Beige G3 and before that PM6100/60 came from MacWarehouse without any issues. A friend (known here as pras) also has ordered from Mac Warehouse and has had little or no problems as far as I know.

--PB

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Macspectrum, I would be curious to know what your implied "caveat emptor" posting entails re your views pertaining to MacWarehouse.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have gotten an HP printer, MS Keyboard, and a KVM from them, and each time everything was shipped promptly and without any problems.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Personally I have never had a problem with MacWarehouse. They are sometimes more expensive and sometimes a little harder to get stuff from (especially when ordering and looking for products online) but if you ever have a problem with anything they will exchange it in a giffy.

They are also prompt at getting orders out to their customers as well. I had a stick of Ram go on me in my powerbook, I phoned them up, gave them the situation, sent off the RAM and the invoice and they sent me another stick within a day.

They are entrusted and embedded with companies such as Apple and Asante. You can find better deals from other places such as carbon computing and whatnot who will give you certain deals that MW won't was they just relay Apples deals.

All in all I have never had a problem with them.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I prefer to see my money go back into the community, rather than south of the border. I've ordered some things from MacWarehouse when I could not find them locally, and have not had any problems with any of the software. But I have never purchased a CPU from them.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
I bought a Mac from MacWarehouse Canada about 7 years ago. The whole experience was pleasant enough, but at the time there were few options available for me, so it was a no-brainer.

These days I buy from either the AppleStore or a local reseller, when I can.

The prices are what I call the "Sears Catalog" prices; adequate but no deals you can't beat somewhere else. Great for a price benchmark and comparisons, or if you are having trouble getting a SW title you need.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Macspectrum, I don't want you to commit libel, but it would be helpful to be a bit more specific. Still, I get the intent of the message. Merci.

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Britnell:
I prefer to see my money go back into the community, rather than south of the border. I've ordered some things from MacWarehouse when I could not find them locally, and have not had any problems with any of the software. But I have never purchased a CPU from them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Britnell, there is a MacWarehouse in Canada that ships stuff out of Toronto. http://www.macwarehouse.ca/home.asp

I've never had a problem with them except for once (out of a half a dozen times I dealt with them). That was the time the salesperson thought a PwerMac had a USB drive in it. Their service is great. Delivery is great. Their friendly. They send you a nice catalog every month or so.

I do try and order from local retailers if I can though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.