Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I have yet to put my superdrive to the test of burning a dvd. I have been looking at some local shops and found very few dvd-r's being sold. Should I stick with the Apple product, or are there any cheaper (yet good quality) alternatives? I'm willing to buy in bulk as well.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
I have found that the Apple DVD-R's work the best overall. There are some other lower cost alternatives, but I have had and have heard about more problems with them than the apple ones (I know the Princo Disc's burn slower than the Apple ones and tend to have more coasters than the Apple ones)

Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
The Apple media is preferred by those whom I've talked to; I actually haven't used them much myself, and have never tried anybody else's.
Mostly I've been using Verbatim DVD-RW's ("version 1.1") @ $12 each. Work great.
I chose Verbatim simply because their CD-RW's have worked very well for me (I can burn and read their 16x media at 24x).

·
Registered
259 Posts
Apple DVD-Rs all the way. The Maxell ones are bastard expensive ($20 each), while the Apple ones are only $5. I haven't had any trouble w/them, but I've only used 20 of them so far.

-SJ.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts