Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a thought!
In a smart move Adobe scrap the only option to Flah, LiveMotion leaving all is faithful users in oblivion. But they keep things like Atmosphere that nobody use.
Now with Golive CS, no more support to Dynamic content a major feature available in previous version.

Adobe web products going down????

Watch out Adobe users
We better switch to Macromedia Fast.......

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
LiveMotion was axed for financial reasons... it wasn't making any money off of it.

However, GoLive and several other Internet-friendly apps are going strong. They have no plans to discontinue them.

[ January 19, 2004, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Strongblade ]

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, Where did you get those infos???

I know people in Ottawa. Searching right now for a Use QuickSilver DP 867 ore better????

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I got the info from actually working at Adobe last year.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
LM got scrapped? did it suck? I have a copy that I have yet to crack. :(

H!

·
Registered
232 Posts
LiveMotion really blows. Or should I say Livemotion blew?

It was always 2 steps behind flash, especially in the actionscript area. It didn't even offer serious drawing improvements over Flash. They were never going to pull any marketshare away from Macromedia, it was a wise decision to scrap it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i wouldnt say it blew...

i always thought it had more of an intuitive time line and a more familiar drawing tool over flash. I think what hurt them most was the absence of actionscript.

But for anyone that's serious, flash is the way to go of course.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I found F!ash heavy to learn. Not that I used LM @ all. I think that swf files are fresh as there doesn't seem to be anything you cannot do. But I found it mind boggling @ times.... Might have to dip back in.

H!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Knowing AfterEffect it was easy to work with Livemotion.
Anybody try the las version of MX, How it is?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I found Flash to be completely confusing. (admittedly, this was back in version 4) But I took to LiveMotion quite easily.

I was disappointed that LiveMotion was canned, but it was a smart financial move, since it just wasn't as advanced as Flash and certainly wasn't generating money for the company.

However, as a basic Flash alternative, if you wanted to do simpler stuff, it was a good program.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts