·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
17,980 Posts
Wow. That's... incredible.

Glad I ditched Adobe years ago.... Photoshop was easily replaced by Pixelmator, Preview more than meets my PDF needs, and the only sticking point has been something that can read & write InDesign files... which I haven't needed to do in some time anyway. Even Pixelmator Pro's purchase price isn't far off the monthly payment on an Adobe plan.... easy choice!

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i myself have switched to Affinity designer and photo..
still researching viable solutions for PDF and indesign.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
i myself have switched to Affinity designer and photo..
still researching viable solutions for PDF and indesign.
You can get a free beta of Affinity Publisher, their version of Indesign. Some crucial things left out that they will not be adding like the handling of variable data. I wonder about Affinity sometimes, they make decent software for light use, but naming a page layout program "Publisher"??? Anyone in print hates MS Publisher and dreads getting files made in Publisher, why of all the names they could have gone with did they go with one that already has distaste and hatred behind it??

I have both Designer and Photo, they work well, very slick and smooth but end of the day the Adobe apps are standard and they have everything I need without needing to find work arounds. I am sure things have been improved since I last bothered to use them but I remember having issues with spot colours, pantones and PDF outputs. All of which are crucial for work at our print shop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts