Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turns out we can do it. It will be a little more expensive to do it afterward. Apple charges $75.00 to BTO it in there. We can get the parts for $70.00 but we'd need to charge installation. Since we haven't ripped one apart yet, I am not sure how difficult it would be. I'm guessing install will be about $45 - $95 depending on difficulty.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
that is supreme news... I mean that was one of the features that kept me from really considering it for a purchase.. wow. That's hot. Not the only other concern now is that ram... 640 max'd seems too little... :rolleyes:

h!

·
Registered
51 Posts
That's interesting news. It's strange that Apple didn't make this a user upgradable option, seeing as the iBook line is targeted towards the average joe-blow.

DJ

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
That's interesting news. It's strange that Apple didn't make this a user upgradable option, seeing as the iBook line is targeted towards the average joe-blow.
The internal Bluetooth module doesn't slide into a user-upgradable slot to begin with, therefore, there's now way to make it easy enough for just anyone to install. A user-easy upgrade to Bluetooth involes a USB adaptor - plug n' play. ;)

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
so let's see... outside of ram, and this BT that can now be added via a BTO, why should I get the 12"PB?? I think that I might need that line in. Hmmm... :rolleyes: decisions...

H!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts