Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLDxv9ohH2s

"Race horse duct taped to a scud missile"

Are they serious? A little underlying homophobia in there perhaps?

Epic fail by Verizon and Motorola. Apparently they know they can't overtake the overall smartphone demographic, so they are just going after the college-jock, chauvinistic crowd. :rolleyes:

Thanks Motorola, but I'm confident enough in my own sexuality to pick the best smartphone based on its own technical merit.

Besides, I've seen most of the guys in the UFC using iPhones. :D

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
If one can be confident, have an air of class, look good in a tux, have some muscle and all the best gadgets in the world... wait is that the iPhone or James Bond? ;) :heybaby: :yikes:

·
Premium Member
10,314 Posts
Good thing Stevie didn't make 'em in pink. :eek:

Seriously, what an offensive commercial. That will turn off about half the phone-buying population right there. Also, what good is being fast if you have nowhere to go (heard of the app store, droid-knuckle-walkers?)

·
Premium Member
23,459 Posts
But you look so good in that sparkling tiara and frilly pink cocktail dress, your worship. Gotta do something about the size of those feet, tho... :D

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
i didn't find it offensive at all. it's a commercial. they've been known to take shots at competitors products.

don't be so sensitive.

·
Premium Member
3,441 Posts
Tying your product's image to the SCUD missile?
The slow, inaccurate, often failing to detonate SCUD missile?
:lmao:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am left to ponder the wisdom of their advertising.

Get the phone that men who are most insecure in their masculinity are flocking to buy!

Just doesn't play out when you step back and look at it.. does it?

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
But you look so good in that sparkling tiara and frilly pink cocktail dress, your worship. Gotta do something about the size of those feet, tho... :D
Hey, they may be big, but my feet are still dainty. ;)

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i didn't find it offensive at all. it's a commercial. they've been known to take shots at competitors products.

don't be so sensitive.
You're confusing sensitive with my mocking of the ad. I own an iPhone, and could kick most people's @$$. :)

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
The way I see it is that it's ok to mock your competitor's products, but it isn't very smart to insult your competitor's customers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts