Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HATE WINDOWS BAD!!!! why do I love my mac so much?? or MACS should I say?? I went to my dads office to install wireless internet on his PC...what a freakin nightmare to say the least! well I bought an SMC 2.4 ghz wireless G router...and then I bought the PCI card to go in the tower and installed it...NOTHING BUT A PAIN IN THE ARS!! nothing works..at all...I decided to take my ibook today so I wouldn't go completely insane...and with an airport card it connected no problem to the smc router...in fact I am posting this from the office!

SO after an hour of BS his windows machine still does not work...COOL EH???

I am so glad I DUMPED WINDOWS...who knows if I got it to work I probably would have gotten some virus within a few minutes of surfing...and ended up at the funny farm rubber room before christmas! my dad has an ibook at home...so I think I will just buy him an airport card!

·
Registered
26 Posts
What Windoze OS was it? If it was XP Pro corp. I think the best thing would hae been to use a USB wireless card to connect to the router.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think that when ever you start to get annoyed with your Mac. Everyone needs to go down to Future Swap, and ask them to demo a wireless system for you. Then all will be clear again. :D

I have a friend that just bought a Toshiba thing because he wants to surf wireless..........So far he's yet to connect! 2 weeks after buying it. :eek:

Thanks Billy.....

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Had the same problem twice last week. In both cases I used a mac to get sanity, check the router and its connections etc.

Also in both cases the problem was with Windows automatically configuring firewalled workstations 'cuz it doesn't like 'shared internet via a hub'. So use the wizards, and then check the properties of the connections on the machine.

As far as the hardware card is concerned, I had to download the latest drivers through the 'net. First I forgot to uninstall the previous drivers so nothing worked properly, then I did and bingo!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts