Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you actually know what you’re installing on your Mac?

With Suspicious Package, you can answer this question and more. Maybe you’re quite literally suspicious of a package you’ve downloaded. Or perhaps you’re just curious about what some package does. Or maybe you want to find out after the fact exactly what files a package scattered across your computer. Whatever the reason, Suspicious Package allows you to see inside an application installer package.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Great link and thanks for the new reading site - just gave me some new ideas for the old brain on a new logo!

·
Premium Member
15,685 Posts
Nice free utility that can do what the more commercial Pacifist.app is able to do.

Both should be good to use to check a download for any added malware etc. or other nasties that "just keep on giving"!!!!

Thanks for the post.

- Patrick
======

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,685 Posts
I am a giant software downloader. I have never yet encountered a problem Malwarebytes could not solve.

Anything else is just paranoia.

Hmmm…???
That's a rather large overgeneralized statement regarding Mac problems, especially considering that Malwarebytes is just meant to be used for fixing some specific problems, but it's very good for doing that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts