1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Here's some for the Classic.
iLounge
PCWorld
CNet

Ars has a nice review with both the new Nano and Classic, it's from the Gizmodo round-up, but I can't seem to find it on the front page anymore.
Ars Review
A little in-depth. The Touch reviews will be coming much closer or after the launch. The revamped iPods are out, but hard to find even at apple stores.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I actually saw a Nano in person yesterday - some guy was playing with it on the subway. At one point he must have been watching something (a movie or show perhaps?) on it, I must say i've never seen someone staring so intently at a screen before.

He wore glasses, but pulled them down so that he could look over it at the screen (near sighted I imagine) and the expression on his face was priceless. I wish I could have taken a picture, but alas some things that you really want to do, you cant (like punch really slow moving people in the back of the head).

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hUssain,

Thanks for more reviews.

Starkicker,

Cool that you saw a Nano. The university store near where I live has just the green Nano in stock and said they aren't shipping the Classics out yet (not surprised since I've read on another forums tonnes of people are having problems with them not working right) but I want to wait until a store near me has the Nano, Classic and Touch in so I can look at them all and compare from there. It probably won't be until early October until I see all the new ones.

Your comment about slow moving people made me laugh out loud. When I'm in a hurry I get impatient with slow people but when I'm not in a rush I don't mind as much.

S.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I played around with one of the new nano's at a Mac store today and I was impressed!! So small, with an awesome screen. The interface was a touch slow at times and coverflow was okay. Games looked really good and the split screen is cool.
I too think they'll sell a ton of these at Christmas. Great little device for the price.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NewGuy,

Could you see yourself watching a video on the new Nano? My only concern is the screen is small but I keep hearing it looks great so I'll have to see for myself.

Since seeing the keynote speech on the new iPods I'm obsessed with this topic and reading everything I can.

S.

·
Premium Member
4,426 Posts
From what I've heard, the new Nano looks/feels like a thinner flash-version of the iPod Video 5G. And I find my 5G video iPod surprisingly watchable.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
hUssain,

Great, thanks. I found another one for the nano:

Macworld

Which iPod are you getting? You may have already mentioned it but I'm curious. My problem is I weigh it all out. I like the Touch but don't want to get it now and then they increase capacity and sell it cheaper in a year. Leaning the way of the Nano or Classic but that may all change when I see them.

S.

·
Registered
142 Posts
People think it's so good that it may eventually replace the iPod Classic in the future (assuming that the iPod Touch becomes the main, larger iPod system). I kind of agree with this, primarily if the Nano's capacities are enlarged. Right now the 3rd Gen Nano is one of the most perfect MP3 systems I have used, and the new software is great. Coverflow works fine on mine. All of the gripes I have with it (such as lag) can mostly be fixed with updates and aren't that bad or noticeable.

I own the green one and it's extremely small and cute. I don't see myself watching videos on it, but the picture is very sharp and clear. It's obviously a small screen and not good for epic movies and the like (such as widescreen format), but what else would you expect with something as small as the Nano? Or even an iPod in general?

It's totally worth it for the price. I found one on sale here for $199 (which is the regular price for the 8GB in the U.S.A.). The only things that bother me are: the lack of covers currently out there for it (the reflective backing is prone to scratches and fingerprints), but I will make sure to get it as soon as it comes out. Also, the iPods still don't have some of the basic features that other MP3 come with for free, such as radio. That's about it.

I was so into Coverflow after I bought my Nano that I opened up iTunes, Amazon, and Google Images and just searched for album covers to display. This took me hours but it was worth it. Now I don't have the general music note image where an album cover should be. The new interface with album covers is worth using.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.