Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have it on good authority that a new store is opening in Ottawa. 9,000 square feet, 20+ car parking. Renovations (or at least demolitions) have started. No signage up yet. In mechanicsville, just a couple of klicks east of Westboro.
Hmm...

·
Premium Member
7,077 Posts
I have it on good authority that a new store is opening in Ottawa. 9,000 square feet, 20+ car parking. Renovations (or at least demolitions) have started. No signage up yet. In mechanicsville, just a couple of klicks east of Westboro.
Hmm...
Lots of development happening in Ottawa... could you be a little more specific? :heybaby:

·
Premium Member
7,077 Posts
I called around the entire city looking for a macbook... what a useless town sometimes. Drove to Montreal to get one.
Really? I thought there would be enough places around here to find at least one:

Compusmart (Merivale; I don't know if it's still open--I noticed they've been shutting down stores across Canada)
iServiceDepot
The Mac Group
Henry's (on Bank Street) put up a sign saying they're now an authorized Apple reseller.

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
I will fall under the skeptic portion. This would be a BAD location for an Apple store. Besides...didn't w have this debate months ago about a store going up in the west end; I believe the source was on the know then too.

I hope I am wrong but I do no think I am...normally I enjory being right; this time I'll enjoy being wrong. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mechanicsville... the next Westboro?

My 2 cents:

OK. So it ain't Westboro, or the Glebe. However I remember when Westboro looked like Mechanicsville.

Also, the City of Ottawa is about to shell out a bunch of do-re-mi fixin' the place up:

Wellington Street Community Design Plan

(And let's face it, if there's one thing Ottawa does well, it is to spend money!)

Apparently, Somerset-Wellington-Richmond is the second or third most traveled route in the city.

The Great Canadian Theatre Company just moved into a new building down the road.

It is also like 1 km from my favourite bagel place and bike shop.

Lastly, remember Westboro before MEC? Could be a good anchor tenant for the 'hood.

·
Premium Member
5,566 Posts
1 - 20 of 166 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.