Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have it on good authority that a new store is opening in Ottawa. 9,000 square feet, 20+ car parking. Renovations (or at least demolitions) have started. No signage up yet. In mechanicsville, just a couple of klicks east of Westboro.
Hmm...

·
Premium Member
7,115 Posts
I called around the entire city looking for a macbook... what a useless town sometimes. Drove to Montreal to get one.
Really? I thought there would be enough places around here to find at least one:

Compusmart (Merivale; I don't know if it's still open--I noticed they've been shutting down stores across Canada)
iServiceDepot
The Mac Group
Henry's (on Bank Street) put up a sign saying they're now an authorized Apple reseller.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Both Compusmarts have been closed for months.

I would have figured that between the futureshops, the mac group, best buy, and henrys that somebody would have had a macbook. Oh well.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm pretty sure not all of those stores would've been out of Macbooks when you were looking for one. We may not have an Apple store but we definitely have stores with Apple products.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
More on the Ottawa Store

More info:
This will be an Apple and Apple goodies focused store from iPods to Mac Pro's plus software etc. Paper signage is supposed to go up in the windows soon.

·
Premium Member
2,705 Posts
I will fall under the skeptic portion. This would be a BAD location for an Apple store. Besides...didn't w have this debate months ago about a store going up in the west end; I believe the source was on the know then too.

I hope I am wrong but I do no think I am...normally I enjory being right; this time I'll enjoy being wrong. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mechanicsville... the next Westboro?

My 2 cents:

OK. So it ain't Westboro, or the Glebe. However I remember when Westboro looked like Mechanicsville.

Also, the City of Ottawa is about to shell out a bunch of do-re-mi fixin' the place up:

Wellington Street Community Design Plan

(And let's face it, if there's one thing Ottawa does well, it is to spend money!)

Apparently, Somerset-Wellington-Richmond is the second or third most traveled route in the city.

The Great Canadian Theatre Company just moved into a new building down the road.

It is also like 1 km from my favourite bagel place and bike shop.

Lastly, remember Westboro before MEC? Could be a good anchor tenant for the 'hood.

1 - 20 of 166 Posts