Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Run the odd advert, rely on donations, and start reviewing stuff. Sell the review items you don't care to keep.

That's how I cover my bills. And they are huge bills, every month. It doesn't take long for my VISA bill (used for the hosting) gets be at its max credit limit.

Making this a subscription-based forum will be the end of it. None out there in internet-land have succeeded.

There are other ways to cover the overhead, you just have to be imaginative and clever.

Here's my $20 US.

·
Registered
507 Posts
EnvyNews' monthly hosting is just shy of $200cdn. Then tack-on the fact that I have five domains, receive over 60 review items per month and get savaged by Duties/Customs/Taxes on each one, the need to buy/renew on licensing for tools, special apps, workstation apps, and then there's shipping charges, long-distance phone bills, fax calls, toner, paper, and the list goes on and on and on..

·
Registered
507 Posts
Yeah, have to cut it down. Sold the G4 there, and i'll be ditching the PB1400c as well. I would add my TiBook-550, but I suspect i'll be ditching it too as well, for a new PBook real-soon-now...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.