Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few big ehMac hosting bills coming due. And dang, those high speed internet fees. :(

Any financial support for ehMac would be greatly appreciated. If you'd like to make a donation to ehMac, you can do so via PayPal

Or, you can Private Message me if you'd like information on how to mail a cheque instead. Thanks for your
support!

- ehMax

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks to lotus, ohenri and Dr. G for sending cheques to ehMac. (Amount will be mystery until I receive them). Also a real big thanks to Sandy McMurray for the very generous PayPal donation!!!
Anyone willing to match his $50 dontation!
:cool:

Make sure ehMac members to support Sandy at his new Techstuff.ca web site!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Run the odd advert, rely on donations, and start reviewing stuff. Sell the review items you don't care to keep.

That's how I cover my bills. And they are huge bills, every month. It doesn't take long for my VISA bill (used for the hosting) gets be at its max credit limit.

Making this a subscription-based forum will be the end of it. None out there in internet-land have succeeded.

There are other ways to cover the overhead, you just have to be imaginative and clever.

Here's my $20 US.

·
Premium Member
30,887 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update - Thanks SOOO much to James who's sending $20, jeac5 who has a cheque in the mail, as well as lotus. I've also received $26.50 from Neil Yates, and $5.00 from Eric R. via PayPal. :D :cool:

Thanks guys! Bills almost covered and something in the kitty for future bills would be awesome.

Macdoc, ehMac does not have any official sponsors... yet. This is something that might happen in the very near future and information about who might sponsor etc is a private and confidential matter. :rolleyes: Until then, I have exsisting bills that are due. Thanks for the support. What was the
amount of your donation? ;) :D

·
Premium Member
30,887 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hosting is close to the same price, but there are extra charges for the amount of data that the server has to host. (The ehMac site with 1500 member files and 3 years of threads is HUGE. Plus the amount of actual data traffic throughput is quite large) With that montlhy cost, plus regular high speed interenet costs, domain name registration (.com and .ca) and it adds up. And, this is not really for a business, this is out of my own pocket.

And, there's just the fact that 3 years of my time and energy has gone into ehMac. Thanks to support from members, I can break even. A little extra something something never hurts either. I'm still trying to save for that mountain bike as I watch the weather get nicer and nicer.

I wouldn't feel comfortable asking for any specific amount. Anything big or small is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
507 Posts
EnvyNews' monthly hosting is just shy of $200cdn. Then tack-on the fact that I have five domains, receive over 60 review items per month and get savaged by Duties/Customs/Taxes on each one, the need to buy/renew on licensing for tools, special apps, workstation apps, and then there's shipping charges, long-distance phone bills, fax calls, toner, paper, and the list goes on and on and on..

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:eek: :eek: WOW!!!! A BIG THANKS to Jordan C. for the generous donation of $70 via PayPal!!!!!

I betcha no one is going to top that! If some Mac user did, there'd have to be a Doctor in the house or something. ;)

·
Premium Member
30,887 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks MacDoc!
I probably won't have the "call for donations" up much longer.

CubaMark, thanks for spreading the word and to everyone who lets fellow Canadian Mac users know about ehMac.ca.

Jordan, you sure are generous!! You have the highest donation so far. I hereby declare that today is ehJordan day at ehMac and also present you with ehKeys to the ehMac city! :D (Unless someone beats your donation today, then I'll ask for my keys back)

I'll close the donation thread by the days end... Any last contributions?

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
EhMax, I'm a poor, poor, still-student, living on visa.

However, if word-of-mouth is worth anything, I think I've made a significant contribution (www.ehmac.ca is in the .sig of every email I send).

...until I become a productive member of society... (again)

M

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Neil wrote:

"then there's shipping charges, long-distance phone bills, fax calls, toner, paper, and the list goes on and on and on..

--------------------
= PowerMac G4-867, 1.5GB RAM, 120GB HD, SuperDrive, GF4-MX, 10.2.6, AirPort, USB 2.0, 17" LCD =
= PowerBook 1400c-133, 64MB RAM, 20GB HD, WiFi 802.11b, OS 9.1 =
= AMD Athlon XP 2.33GHz, 1GB PC3200, 160GB SATA, DVD-RW, Radeon 9800 Pro, 19" LCD =
= Dell Axim X5-400, PocketPC 2002, WiFi 802.11b, 660MB, Bluetooth =
= 15GB iPod ="

Hmmmm..... that sig is getting long too young man. Being a tech geek has never been cheap... (don't I know it)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Yeah, have to cut it down. Sold the G4 there, and i'll be ditching the PB1400c as well. I would add my TiBook-550, but I suspect i'll be ditching it too as well, for a new PBook real-soon-now...

·
Registered
762 Posts
WOW............. a day for me

Your too kind Mr. Mayor :D

.....I leave the room blushing........

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks to all who contributed. A big round of applause please!!!! My existing bills are pretty much covered.

On a related note, I have an exciting announcement later today that will greatly help out with future bills!

Thanks again to all who sent money. Your generosity is greatly appreciated!

- ehMax

1 - 20 of 20 Posts