·
Premium Member
30,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
macdoc
how do I turn on the speech in OsX 10.2.6 ?
I can only get the screen reading to work on the universal access control pane.
any ideas?

There are many voice screen reading programs for the PC, one would have to go through all the features to pick the best.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
He could try using iSpeakit , which converts any text (e.g., email, Word files, web pages) to MP3 or AIFF formats. It's shareware, but the fee is rock-bottom, something like $10US. Next, perhaps an Applescript could be put together to automate things a little.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,499 Posts
Macdoc, in the Jewish faith a good deed is called a "mitzvah". As well, a kind and concerned human is called a "mensch". Ask someone who speaks Yiddish to give you the full translation of mensch. Still, I sincerely appreciate your concern re my vision. The techies here at MUN have shown me how to increase the font to huge proportions. The going is slow, but I may be able to avert eye surgery until Christmas. And in the new year, as I am fond of saying, with no pun intended, we shall see.

I wish you and all who think kindly of me (and those who don't) peace, good health, and happiness. This being the Jewish New Year week, such expressions of hope are expected. However, to my family in ehMacLand, I wish you this with all sincerity.

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Hey Dr G. & friends:

My interpretation of Mensch is the litteral translation of Man with the meaning of post-Bar Mitzvah i.e. someone who has crossed into adulthood and acquired some wisdom who is dependable, has values, etc.

Other contributiuons welcome...

·
Premium Member
30,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts