Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm reminded of the classic Les Nessman quote from WKRP: "With God as my witness I swear I thought turkey's could fly!"

Here it is straight from IBM (I swear the links are for real), the new 970:

with feathers

with more feathers

with a peacock feather

with another peacock feather!

and here's the link to IBM's photo home page just to prove it's legit.

I got these links from As The Apple Turns but they are not a joke as near as I can figure. They are on IBM's web site.

Edit - ATAT was alerted to these pics by a reader. I've tried browsing through the linkson the IBM pic home page to try to find a direct link to these pics but so far I'm unsuccessful. The interesting thing is that all the pics are numbered and the 90-series are found in the "Press" page. All of these are absent from that list though. It goes up to 87 and then continues at 95. I wonder what 88 and 89 are?

[ May 30, 2003, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: mycatsnameis ]

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Canadian By Choice
117,529 Posts
"Oh the HUMANITY!!!!!!"

·
Registered
188 Posts
I believe it was actually station manager Arthur Carlson, whose idea it was to drop live turkeys out of a plane, who uttered the immortal lines.Les reported from the ground the ensuing carnage.

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
You're right, it was Arthur Carlson. Les did have some great quotes: "They hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement!"

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just to get this thread back OT, if MacWhispers is right about 970 chip costing 2/3 of G4s then perhaps the promo photos with feathers will turn out to be an accurate metaphor.

The machines should be flying off the shelves.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts