Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone run into this yet?

MacNN | 6GB iPhone plans disappearing from Rogers accounts?

I have one with Fido, and have made little changes to my account, but haven't run into this... yet. I'm not sure what data plans will be available when my 3 years is up, but I do like not having to worry about going "over".

E.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I can see Rogers telling people who want to upgrade to the new iPhone when it's released that they won't be able to carry over the 6GB deal. :mad:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Just called Rogers and i spoke to someone about the 6gb data plan and its removal from accounts and he just assured me that if and when i make any changes to my account even if i was too switch to another phone i would simply just ask the rep before any changes are made to make sure he is not altering the data portion of your plan. Since the data and the voice are two separate contracts in the iPhones sence of things.

he also told me that once the 6gb is gone, its gone. no way to put it back on the plan.

So somewhat confirmed but of course from a rep not official. But when my 3 year contract expires as long as i do not alter or change the data portion of the contract my 6gb data plan will stick around with me. aswell you could resign your voice but not your data and get a hardware upgrade.

the only issue i can see which cant be answered until the new phone comes out (if there is) will they require a data contract to be signed with it to get a substantial discount. If its only 50$ again i don't mind paying 50$ extra. Though, i do have a hardware upgrade sitting on my account from retentions that i could possibly use to re sign JUST my voice and get a hardware upgrade to the new iPhone.

This will be fun if it works.

on a side and slightly unrelated note, this rogers rep was extremely nice and seemed to be having a good day. lol

·
Registered
306 Posts
My understanding was the $30 6gb data was just a promo for the first couple of months of the iPhone's release in Canada. (I have that plan).
I have not even used a fraction of that any month since last summer.
There is no way that I will cancel it when seeing the data price plans now.
With Rogers once you have that plan, you can always keep it.
I had an old plan for $5 a month with Rogers that they could not take away from me.
They were very happy with me when I purchased my iPhone and believe it or not, I could have still kept that voice plan with my iPhone (was for around 40 anytime minutes). I was just using the old cell for urgent calls, but now with the iPhone that's so much fun to use, I upped my plan to 250 anytime minutes.

I absolutely love my iPhone. My fav tech gadget ever :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.