ehMac banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
gotcha.
i'm averaging between 72-80 on mine. upgraded last july. don't think i'll be able to buy a new one anytime soon. weh :baby:
From what I've read on redflagdeals, tons of exceptions are being made around your mothly range.

·
Premium Member
15,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
huh, oh really!? on corporate plans? would this be through retentions or regular customer service?
Yes, some on corporate plans. You might need to call their Business Solutions office, depending on which kind plan you have.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Yes, some on corporate plans. You might need to call their Business Solutions office, depending on which kind plan you have.
Called Rogers today about the early adopter discount. Apparently, I'm only eligible for a 32gb iPhone 3Gs at $550 or 16gb at $450. Seems kind of steep to me, although it doesnt extend my contract... I wonder what their scale is like to determine these prices. I mean, I'm obviously not eligible for the full $500 discount, but how did they get to the $550 or $450 price ($150 discount).

·
Registered
515 Posts
Called Rogers today about the early adopter discount. Apparently, I'm only eligible for a 32gb iPhone 3Gs at $550 or 16gb at $450. Seems kind of steep to me, although it doesnt extend my contract... I wonder what their scale is like to determine these prices. I mean, I'm obviously not eligible for the full $500 discount, but how did they get to the $550 or $450 price ($150 discount).
The carrier assumes that its subsidies are spread out over three years. When you want to buy a year ahead of the usual upgrade eligibility, that throws Rogers' balance out of whack: it can't assume you'll just keep buying phones to make up for the difference, and if it charged the $199/299 every time you'd never be profitable for them. It's at once calculated but also fairly important to the way carriers work.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts