Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy Cow!!!! I came into work today after listening to my iPod in the car and plugged it in to my laptops FW port to re-charge it. This opened iTunes (that's the way I have it configured). I've never run iTunes at work before. In the Shared Music folder there are a series of new playlists, presumably from other people connected to our work network (which ain't exactly "Mac-rich", let alone OS X rich). Each has thousands of songs you can listen to. I can search and stream these. So, its like we have a personal radio station on line - at work. No more jingles/ads/listening to crap....

Who said OS X is boring??? OS X rocks (literally).

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
And therein lies the beauty of Rendezvous...interconnectivity sans effort. I'm green with envy, by the way since my (ahem) _world headquarters_ has but one single hard drive from which to share iTunes within the organization's Mac fleet (5.2 days worth of stuff, mind you, so I should be grateful).

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Of course, as soon as the IT secret service realize what's up, they'll probably can Rendezvous. Still, shows the untapped power of no config sharing. Ironically, I still can't share conventional files using the AUFS fileshare system employed at work (but what's new?).

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
"World headquarters," eh? Is that in Gantland?
Kidding. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts