Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
i prefer BTI battery better warranty and they have been making batteries for apple products for years .. almost since the beginning.

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
Yeah, yeah. Very humorous......

Any Canadian sources? What is the opinion on BatteryDepot.......
any Canadian reseller is able to source it for you.. as we can all buy them locally from the distribution channel.. I would stick with BTI - they have a good reputation and warranty program.

·
Premium Member
16,149 Posts
BatteryDepot was passable and adequate when I used them for a MB 14" a year or so ago, and the Burnaby BC "batteries unlimited" sp? was better quality but they've gone out of business.

The last battery I got was a high Ah rated one for my MBPro via a Quebec seller on amazon.ca. About $54.00± landed, shipping included, and it's still working in the old late 2007 15" MB Pro. And no Quebec tax to pay. ;)

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i prefer BTI battery better warranty and they have been making batteries for apple products for years .. almost since the beginning.
Thanks.

I was just on the site, and had to brush away the cob webs. Man, I always feel odd (read untrusting) about companies that have completely outdated sites, full of 404s/links to companies that are defunct (like CompUSA - like.. seriously??). You work in this industry where the site is the 1st got and you have something that looks like a garage sale? They have 2 URLs as well - which made things more confusing. 👎 on user experience.

It does look like they've been around since the beginning, and have not made a single update to their site since early 2000s. Again, they may not care and do wonderful business maybe B2B - I bet you they take orders over the phone with ink and paper too. I can see it now. ;)

Anyhow, thanks for the link. I was looking at a few of the partners... the Canadian one CDW was selling their battery for $150. a tough price for an old system replacement

H!

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
Thanks.

I was just on the site, and had to brush away the cob webs. Man, I always feel odd (read untrusting) about companies that have completely outdated sites, full of 404s/links to companies that are defunct (like CompUSA - like.. seriously??). You work in this industry where the site is the 1st got and you have something that looks like a garage sale? They have 2 URLs as well - which made things more confusing. 👎 on user experience.

It does look like they've been around since the beginning, and have not made a single update to their site since early 2000s. Again, they may not care and do wonderful business maybe B2B - I bet you they take orders over the phone with ink and paper too. I can see it now. ;)

Anyhow, thanks for the link. I was looking at a few of the partners... the Canadian one CDW was selling their battery for $150. a tough price for an old system replacement

H!
you are a harsh critic... I do believe in you get what you pay for..
BTI battery website is basic but wow, you are a critical of a place that basically just sells nuts and bolts... i will be sure that I don't tell you to review my site, I will get my rear handed back to me. :lmao:

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you are a harsh critic... I do believe in you get what you pay for..
BTI battery website is basic but wow, you are a critical of a place that basically just sells nuts and bolts... i will be sure that I don't tell you to review my site, I will get my rear handed back to me. :lmao:
I've been to your site AND bought from it long time ago. I actually loved the simplicity of it. No bells and whistles and worked + had the info I wanted. But BTI has 404s and is linked to companies that have gone out of business - and not resent ones. Like 2008/12.. idk. I just think that's much. Again, wasn't criticizing the site layout, more the fact that they have dead links etc... Like going to the shop to find none of the stuff you advert. Like driving customers away...

·
Premium Member
15,721 Posts
No no no...

[Merged] Looking for Laptop batteries? DON'T buy from BattDepot - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

Some of these are the same BC battery businesses btw.

BatteryDepot was passable and adequate when I used them for a MB 14" a year or so ago, and the Burnaby BC "batteries unlimited" sp? was better quality but they've gone out of business.

The last battery I got was a high Ah rated one for my MBPro via a Quebec seller on amazon.ca. About $54.00± landed, shipping included, and it's still working in the old late 2007 15" MB Pro. And no Quebec tax to pay. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Battdepot gets their batteries from the same chinese sources as the ones on ebay. From my experience, they're junk.

I need to get a battery for my 2009 macbook pro, but i'm not sure where to get one.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Battdepot gets their batteries from the same chinese sources as the ones on ebay. From my experience, they're junk.

I need to get a battery for my 2009 macbook pro, but i'm not sure where to get one.
Ya, I just want a batt to do me the rest of 2015 as I plan to go all out on something 13" in december this yr.

This one is not completely dead, but rest assured, i'm getting maybe 30-45 mins of real use. The same is for my 17", but i'm not traveling w/ that one any longer.

So I might just pull the trigger on this one @ CC and make sure i buy it on my cc so I get some coverage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.