Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Vorlon Ambassador
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious, the only resolutions that seem to fill the screen on a 30" display seems to be 2560 x 1600 and 1280 x 800. Why don't the other resolutions fill the screen instead of leaving a border around the screen?

· Vorlon Ambassador
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm... I guess I'll see what happens when my Mac Pro with the X1900XT gets here. I would think the X800XT would behave similar to the X1900XT except for 3D, but who knows. Pictures look great at the native resolution of 2560 x 1600 and I can game at the other resolution of 1280 x 800, but it would be nice if 1920 x 1200 or 2048 x 1280 would fill the screen as it's nice to have larger text. Don't want to strain the eyes with all the time I spend in front of a computer. I thought I might find a non-native resolution that would have reasonably larger text and yet not be too blurry. I'm used to LCDs that when you change the resolution, they scale to fit the screen.

· Vorlon Ambassador
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You really need to stay at native resolution then adjust your icons and text sizes to fit that.
Yeah, I was thinking about that. I think that's what I'm going to do when the Mac Pro gets here... it shipped this afternoon. Should be here later this week. I plan to start it from fresh rather than copying everything over. I'll slowly add applications and set up my prefs. I can always use my PM G5 to do things if the Mac Pro isn't ready yet. Leopard may also help.

· Vorlon Ambassador
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do the migration - much easier than from scratch.
I did that last time, and while I was pleased with the migration and result, I think it's time for a fresh start.

There's stuff I really don't want moved over and I don't mind taking my time moving things over. Besides I know where the stuff is that I want to keep and it's not like I have tons of applications.

I even plan on installing the MacOS fresh on a Raptor HD.

· Vorlon Ambassador
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting, the Radeon X1900XT on the Mac Pro does scaling for the 30" HD display. Any resolution that I pick now fills the screen. 1920 x 1200 comes out full screen and looks beautiful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.