Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sounds like a targeted hit with a crapload of collatorel damage...* :-( :mad:

Gunman and 2 victims dead, 12 others injured in Toronto Greektown shooting

A gunman and two victims are dead and 12 others are in hospital after a shooting in Toronto's Greektown neighbourhood on Sunday evening, police say.

One person killed is a woman. One of the injured, a young girl aged eight or nine, is in critical condition, according to authorities.

Ontario's Special Investigations Unit, which probes police-involved shootings, said the suspected gunman, 29, is also dead. Police, meanwhile, are working to determine what may have led to the violence.

* * *​

A video from one witness shows a man dressed in black clothes and a black hat walking quickly and firing three shots from the sidewalk into at least one shop or restaurant.

* * *​

Kerri Lahey said she was eating dinner at 7Numbers restaurant with her boyfriend when she saw the gunman enter through a side door and shoot a woman.

"We were sitting out on the patio, and we heard shots, so we ran inside and he came in the restaurant and shot the girl right in front of me,"

* * *​

He described the suspect as a white male, in his late to early 30s, who was dressed in all black.

(CBC)

*spelling correction, hat-tip to FeXL.

·
Premium Member
5,417 Posts
Sad news. Hopefully this does not become a common thing like our neighbours to the south.

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
Huh. And in the face of existing gun laws.

Tell ya what, CM. Detail precisely the type of gun law you would craft to stop this sort of event from ever happening again.

On the topic, how's that gun-free schoolhouse protection scheme coming along? Any hard ideas hit the page yet or still just in the planning stages?

Oh, and seeing as you had issues with my apostrophe use, "collatoral" is spelled collateral...

Sounds like a targeted hit with a crapload of collatoral damage..

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
As long as guns are made, this kind of thing will happen many times again in the future. No gun law will ever be perfected to stop shootings by crazy people.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Sad news. Hopefully this does not become a common thing like our neighbours to the south.
I hope not! I wouldn't want to live in Toronto again, but I've never been particularly nervous about visiting there.

Is anyone surprised by the gunman's name?

Toronto shooting gunman identified by authorities as Faisal Hussain

https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-p...identified-by-authorities-as-faisal-hussain-2
Yeah. I heard that and thought, "Yep ... here we go." Never mind that most of Canada's mass shooters were home-grown, with home-grown names ...

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Toronto shooting gunman identified by authorities as Faisal Hussain

https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-p...identified-by-authorities-as-faisal-hussain-2
It's unfortunate, because it emboldens those who like to use race as an excuse to promote their discriminatory perspectives on immigration.

Interesting that folks immediately jump to "SEE!!! SEEE??? HE"S A MOOOOSLIMMMMM!!!!" rather than reports that show Hussain had a long history of mental illness for which he was seeking treatment.

Two questions:
  • Did he have ready access to medical treatment?
  • Where did he get the gun?

The Toronto Star's Editorial board today are calling for tougher gun laws... in line with former Ontario Progressive Conservative party leader and now Toronto Mayor John Tory's views:

One more tragedy to prove need for tighter gun laws

“I’ve said for sometime that the city has a gun problem, in that guns are far too readily available to far too many people,” Mayor John Tory said Monday.

“You’ve heard me ask the question of why anybody would need to buy 10 or 20 guns, which they can lawfully do under the present laws. And that leads to another question we need to discuss: Why does anyone in this city need to have a gun at all?

In saying that, Tory acknowledged that reducing the number of legal guns won’t prevent every tragedy. “But even if we can prevent one of these incidents then, in my view, it is a discussion worth having and having very soon.”

He’s right.

And this is not the first time Toronto politicians have asked Ottawa to toughen firearm regulations and outright ban handguns. Canadians only need to look south of the border to see where a refusal to implement serious gun control leads.

·
Premium Member
17,773 Posts
Sorry CM you missed the biggie. Mental health issues, was he using or withdrawing from SSRIs? Self medicating with crystal meth?

Wanna bet we never learn the results of a tox screen or worse yet they never perform one?

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
Not one bit. Why?

'Cause of the delay in getting his name out. The early reports noted he was 29 years old. If they knew that, they knew his name. They had to get the narrative straight: The poor Muzzie had mental health issues.

If this had been a white male with an AR, his name, address, birthday, social security #, high school he attended and first born male's name would have been published in the original report.

·
Premium Member
5,417 Posts
It's unfortunate, because it emboldens those who like to use race as an excuse to promote their discriminatory perspectives on immigration.

Interesting that folks immediately jump to "SEE!!! SEEE??? HE"S A MOOOOSLIMMMMM!!!!" rather than reports that show Hussain had a long history of mental illness for which he was seeking treatment.
[/I][/INDENT]
And yet you do this when it is a white male who does the shooting. It goes both ways.

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
So predictable, CM.

First off, here's the next entry in your "Muslims attacks Canadians" thread. Just in case you're keeping track, there are far more non-Muslim Canadians dead at the hands of Muslims than the other way around. Just keep that in mind the next time you spout off about verbal ATTAAAAAAAAAAACKS!!!

Second, if this had been a white male with an AR, you would have been calling for heads to roll whether he had a history of mental health issues or not.

Third, what it actually does is throw into sharp relief how murderous some Muslims are and, yes, I believe that these particular ones are all mentally ill, not the least of which comes from all the f'ing inbreeding.

Fourth, the point is not where he got the gun, there are laws against this sort of thing in the first place & look!: none of them worked.

Fifth, it's interesting to see how the gun control nuts are letting their slip show here & actually revealing their hidden agenda: to control the number of firearms one may own at the expense of law-abiding firearm owners everywhere. The short answer is, No. The long answer is, Hell No!

Sixth, if the restriction of immigrants into Canada saves just one life,

it is a discussion worth having and having very soon.
Damn straight.

Curious that paradigm, no? One I'm sure you'll be in total agreement with.

Seventh (and finally), once again, if there was a gun problem south of the border, the planet would know about it. Hundreds of millions of firearms, billions of rounds of ammo and largely the ones killing each other are young, black, fatherless males in Democratically controlled inner cities wherein lie stringent firearm laws already. Oh, & suicides, which the left has no issues with in the first place. It ain't the law-abiding duck hunters & skeet shooters who legally own the lion's share of firearms & ammo in the US.

Defend, obfuscate, cover-up...

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts

Two questions:
  • Did he have ready access to medical treatment?
  • Where did he get the gun?

The Toronto Star's Editorial board today are calling for tougher gun laws... in line with former Ontario Progressive Conservative party leader and now Toronto Mayor John Tory's views:

One more tragedy to prove need for tighter gun laws

“I’ve said for sometime that the city has a gun problem, in that guns are far too readily available to far too many people,” Mayor John Tory said Monday.

“You’ve heard me ask the question of why anybody would need to buy 10 or 20 guns, which they can lawfully do under the present laws. And that leads to another question we need to discuss: Why does anyone in this city need to have a gun at all?

In saying that, Tory acknowledged that reducing the number of legal guns won’t prevent every tragedy. “But even if we can prevent one of these incidents then, in my view, it is a discussion worth having and having very soon.”

He’s right.

And this is not the first time Toronto politicians have asked Ottawa to toughen firearm regulations and outright ban handguns. Canadians only need to look south of the border to see where a refusal to implement serious gun control leads.
The witholding of the name speaks volumes to the mainstream media and government concerns over Muslin shooters and their attemps to downplay it. Try as they might to downplay the race, the race continues to be the leading edge in violence of every kind.

Given that, people and myself included think there is some inbred gene that prompts this particular sect of human beings to do such things. To deny that exists is to have your head firmly implanted in the sand.

The threat is very real and the more we embrace the falsehood they are not a danger, the more risk we expose Canadians to by allowing more and more into the country. Nice.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Given that, people and myself included think there is some inbred gene that prompts this particular sect of human beings to do such things. To deny that exists is to have your head firmly implanted in the sand.
SINC, how do you figure that? Look at the mass shootings in Canada and how many were NOT committed by Muslims.The deadliest one to date is still the Ecole Polytechnique massacre, and unless there's something going on we didn't know about, Marc Lepine was certainly not Muslim.

James Roszko? Derek Jensen? Justin Bourque? The La Loche shooter, whose name I don't know (probably because he was a minor at the time)? And a host of others.

This sounds like the post-World War 2 argument that Germans were somehow more predisposed towards mindless obedience than anybody else ... an argument that was pretty much killed by the Milgram experiment.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Cherry picking examples from years back is not even reasonable compared to today's global acts being committed. Check world wide acts of horror, terrorism and mass killings and then tell me that most do not involve Muslims. Start with September 11, 2001 and work your way forward. If you can do that without finding Muslims, then maybe you have a point.

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The witholding of the name speaks volumes to the mainstream media and government concerns over Muslin shooters and their attemps to downplay it. Try as they might to downplay the race, the race continues to be the leading edge in violence of every kind.
I must respectfully disagree with you. I was as curious as anyone to find out who the shooter was, but the delay of a few hours in the release of the suspect's name isn't exactly out of the norm. Remember that the cops in Quebec had Alexandre Bissonnette's name but didn't release it until he was formally charged following the mosque shooting.

In this case, Hussain was dead, but the investigators were likely more interested in searching his apartment for any terrorism links, talking to his family and friends, etc., than rushing to get a name out for your satisfaction. This only happened yesterday!

·
Premium Member
17,773 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
First off, this happened Sunday, not yesterday.

Second, again, if this shooter had been a white male shooting Muslims, his name would have been all over MotherCorpse in a matter of minutes. Just like Clock Girl's imagined attacker. You remember her, don't you?

Get a grip.

In this case, Hussain was dead, but the investigators were likely more interested in searching his apartment for any terrorism links, talking to his family and friends, etc., than rushing to get a name out for your satisfaction. This only happened yesterday!

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
A few more articles.

Feds looking at ways to tackle wave of gun violence in Toronto: Minister

The new federal minister responsible for tackling gun violence says he has been in touch with Toronto's mayor and police chief to discuss Sunday's deadly shooting in the city and how Ottawa can support efforts to stop a growing wave of incidents rattling Torontonians.
I can't wait to see how quick these idiots are going to turn TO into Chicago or Detroit or Baltimore or New Orleans or LA North.

The SIU has identified the Danforth shooter as Faisal Hussain, 29, of Toronto

Newstalk 1010 reported earlier today a conversation overheard between the shooter and an Indian restaurant owner in which it was stated that Faisal Hussain told the restaurateur that he was not going to shoot him then told him to get out of the way before opening fire. I wonder at his choice of victims, were they “homogeneous”?
Toronto Star Discovers Danforth Shooter Faisal Hussain’s Motivation – He Was A Man!

Rocket surgeons, all.

Especially when authorities & media are manipulating the narrative… Feelings of fear, anxiety & powerlessness normal in incidents like Toronto mass shooting: experts

The Danforth shooting is being cooked for public consumption, the “pre-fab statement” by the family that was in no way written by them but likely by (insert name of Islamist apologist here), the now standard mental illness alibi, the deflection to “gun control”, the denial of an evident motive, and as I suspect the refusal to comment on or even acknowledge the shooters pre-determined victim selection.

This is an orchestrated cover-up, the police withheld the terrorists name but the media and government apologists were clearly informed in advance hence the pre-fab “family statement” which was released within minutes of Faisal Hussain’s belated acknowledgement as the murderer. Islam’s apologists need time to coordinate their stories and turn the shooter into the “real victim”!
Yeppers.

Toronto police delving into the life of gunman Faisal Hussain in mass shooting

Investigators are digging into the life of a 29-year-old man trying to explain what prompted him to fire a handgun into restaurants and cafes in a lively Toronto neighborhood, killing a 10-year-old girl and an 18-year-old woman and wounding 13 others.
Questions, questions, questions...

Is this one of Juthdin's returned ISIS killers?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts