Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Father bought a 28" monitor on Amazon and has been unhappy with the brightness (Samsung 570) He has been messing with this monitor for a couple of weeks and has decided to return it (Amazon) and perhaps go with a Dell. I have been tasked with figuring out what is a good purchase. He is after a 27" . I know nothing about monitors and my Dad who is 89 thinks that I do. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good monitor that is value priced that would work well with a current model laptop. He will be buying it through Amazon.com (Dad live in the States) Tia.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
This is the second time this has come up here in the past few days. The Samsung 570 has a brightness control for gaming that needs to be turned off to allow a brighter image.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He's sending it back, figuring he should spend a bit more. With marginal eye sight, I can understand that. For the life of me, I cannot decipher any specs that would indicate one monitor out performing another.

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
The best thing I ever did for my aging eyes was to buy a DELL P2715Q 4K monitor. Love it.

DELL's Ultrasharp series is very good, with excellent warranties, but they're not cheap. When it comes to monitors, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The best thing I ever did for my aging eyes was to buy a DELL P2715Q 4K monitor. Love it.

DELL's Ultrasharp series is very good, with excellent warranties, but they're not cheap. When it comes to monitors, you get what you pay for.
thanks, I will pass that on.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My Father bought a 28" monitor on Amazon and has been unhappy with the brightness (Samsung 570) He has been messing with this monitor for a couple of weeks and has decided to return it (Amazon) and perhaps go with a Dell. I have been tasked with figuring out what is a good purchase. He is after a 27" . I know nothing about monitors and my Dad who is 89 thinks that I do. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good monitor that is value priced that would work well with a current model laptop. He will be buying it through Amazon.com (Dad live in the States) Tia.
Might want to look into the https://www.amazon.com/AOC-27V2H-19...OC+series+81IPS+Monitor&qid=1587079775&sr=8-8

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts