Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I finally made my first pilgrimage to an actual Apple retail store this past weekend. I had a planned trip that took me through Atlanta, GA so I made a point of visiting the Apple Store in Lenox Square. The store itself was nothing spectacular but I felt like I was home being surrounded by nothing but Mac products and Mac people!

I also broke down and purchased my first iPod. A brand spanking new 15GB 3rdGen iPod with all the goodies. What a fantastic little piece of engineering. And I mean little. The pictures just don't do it justice. Now I've spent countless hours ripping all my CD from years gone by. I absolutely love this thing. I only fear that I may have underestimated and may have needed the 30GB model after all. I will soon see.

So now I wait with bated breath for the new Griffin iTrip to arrive. I've been advised by Griffin sales support that they are still on track to release it by the end of the summer. My iPod will be put to much more extensive use once I can play it in my car. I can hardly wait. NO MORE CDS!

Just for anyone who's curious, the total cost for a 15GB iPod in the US with tax at current exchange rates is $600 CDN. So I managed to save almost $100! Just don't tell the customs guy about it when you return!

Cheers,
Macman.

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Yeah, the 15 gb iPod is too good to miss. I doubt you'll regret the purchase as the 30 gb version is thicker and, jeez, 3700 songs is enough for anyone......

·
Registered
344 Posts
"the total cost for a 15GB iPod in the US with tax at current exchange rates is $600 CDN. So I managed to save almost $100!"
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 15 gig ipod after tax comes out to $527 cdn. How is it you saved $100?

·
Registered
344 Posts
You're right. I should read the whole post before I add a reply. I was looking at the price for the 10 gig model

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
If you shop around, you can get the 30GB iPod for $400 US. Usually the best deals are from mail order places, but most sellers will send across border or to a hotel if you are on vacation...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts