Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reset my old iPhone XS to factory and started installing all my apps onto my new iPhone. Everything is working great except I can't figure how to download the 1Password iOS app that doesn't require an account login and monthly fee, and I don't want any of my sensitive data on a cloud type of service. All my 3 devices were syncing beautifully together, but now I only have my Mac and iPad working. How might I retrieve the old app on my previous iPhone? I have done backups.

·
Administrator
383 Posts
Reset my old iPhone XS to factory and started installing all my apps onto my new iPhone. Everything is working great except I can't figure how to download the 1Password iOS app that doesn't require an account login and monthly fee, and I don't want any of my sensitive data on a cloud type of service. All my 3 devices were syncing beautifully together, but now I only have my Mac and iPad working. How might I retrieve the old app on my previous iPhone? I have done backups.
Have you tried to restore your phone to your latest backup?

·
Premium Member
16,572 Posts
How might I retrieve the old app on my previous iPhone? I have done backups.
I don't know what type of backup you have but the iMazing.app comes to mind if it could read or used the backup and install it into your new iPhone.
The other option I would suggest is contacting the Developers1Password and see if they cannot help you and get an older and non-"improved" version installed. Or maybe they can advise you how you could avoid having to use the account login.

I hate "new and improved" software that does that sort of thing, at least without providing some alternative to avoid it but maybe it is a requirement that Apple is now insisting on, they seem to have gone ballistic on their update security trip.

- Patrick
=======

·
Premium Member
16,572 Posts
Well, I ended up going into the App Store and browsed all my purchased apps. Sure enough, 1Password version 7 was there.
Good thinking, and I'm glad it all worked for you, but I'm a bit surprised that Apple hasn't replaced it with a later version 8 and no option to download the older 7 version as they often seem to do.

Time to make a full backup you can rely on I would think, and iMazing.app comes to mind unless there is something better and cheaper that would work just as well.

I no longer have or use an iPhone that often drove me crazy and I replaced it with a simpler cheaper if "dumber" Alcatel Fip cellphone that is a dream to use by comparison, at least for my simple and only occasional emergency type use.

- Patrick
=======

1 - 8 of 8 Posts