Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am guilty of critisizing those who would use their computer as a DVD player when they are at home.

In fact I thought the idea of a combo drive was kind of a sales pitch......... untill now.

I bought a new computer 4 days ago... the 1GHz eMac, combo drive model. (I wanted the CD burner)

I pulled a major muscle behind my shoulder blade the day after and have been stuck at home, so I decided to walk to the movie store today and rent a couple DVD to try on the eMac.

I had heard stories of skiiping playback and poor quality, I had first hand evidence of this on my wife's DELL laptop which has an external combo.

I popped in "Diamond Men" a great feel good movie and then proceeded to watch "Basic"as well.. man am I ever full after eating all of my previous comments.

the player has fantastic resolution, doesn't skip a beat even with mail and safari running in the background and I was mesmerized

I am 1 satisfied DVD eMac owner.

BTW i also plan to watch the other 2 DVD that I bought right here in my basement office on my eMac.

Parousia

·
Registered
454 Posts
It will be even better once panther bring dvd player 4 and surround support. (DTS and DD)

Finally I will be able to see and hear dvds in all their glory.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I'll tell you a slightly amusing story.
Just before we got married my wife and I decided to ditch the TV. That was 5 years ago. We got used to people being freaked out, oh and the _looks_ people gave us when they found out. Anyway, so we get our eMac last fall and since then we have watched probably 100 DVDs on it

And thats not counting our 3 year-old who has a 14 disk collection! By our standards, we've become tele-veggies!
Tut tut where have our principals gone!?
(since having 2 kids, out the window, thats where)

Oh, one last thing. At about 3 or 4 pm I like to ssh into my home eMac from work to see what DVD my older daugher is watching (df -k) Soo cute!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts