1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's finally happened!
http://www.pbzone.com/

A 19" Powerbook!!

CUPERTINO, CALIFORNIA?April 1, 2003?Apple today unveiled the 19-inch PowerBook G4, the world's first notebook computer with a 19-inch display, the largest ever in a notebook. Encased in a durable aluminum alloy enclosure, the new PowerBook measures only 1-inch thin and weighs just 8.6 pounds. The 19-inch PowerBook G4 marks the introduction of three "firsts" to portable computing: 1 GB of RAM standard, an 80 GB 7200 RPM disk drive, and the NVIDIA GeForce4 660 Go graphics processor.

"Apple's taking yet another giant leap beyond PC notebooks with the world's first 19-inch notebook, miraculously engineered into an ultra-light aluminum alloy enclosure that's only 1-inch thin," said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO. "Many users are going to wonder why they even need a desktop computer anymore."

Can't wait to get my hands on one of these!!!

-SJ.

(PS: AF 03/04/01)

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Yep - I actually pre-ordered one last week for my mom when this was advertised on TechTV. Personally, I'm happy with the 12", but imagine playing DVDs on one of these suckers. Who will they get to advertise this one? Mr. Bigglesworth perhaps?

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Pamela will cry :( when she hears about this... She will no longer have the latest and the greatest. No mention of price? Will it retail at the same price point as the 17incher?

(Edit: Ooops! I shoulda read the article first.)

·
Canadian By Choice
117,494 Posts
I still think that this is an April Fool's Day spoof. Of course, what do I know about Mac's?!?
:D

However, I just went over the the www.apple.com website and there it was!!! You guys are fast with the news. Kudos.

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
Aw Dr G, you will look awfully silly when the rest of us are using our 19 inch mega book personally delivered to each customer by Steve Jobs himself who sets it up for you, and gives you a complimentary Apple mug of Latte and a hug.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Was this a joke for April? Can't find it on the Apple site anywhere.. ;) A joke indeed. A 19" Powerbook is insane.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,494 Posts
minnes, by the time you all have your 19" PBs, I shall have the deluxe G5 with 36" screen, dual carbs, four on the floor, mud flaps, 128video card, 500gig hard drive, and a free Apple coffee mug. Patience is a virtue for those who crave the best from Apple. Of course, I shall have missed out on the digital hub generation, which is why I want a Mac. Thus, I shall have to "settle" for a new iMac. Such is Life. :D

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
I understand that Dictionary.com is planning on removing some outdated and antiquated words from their database. They plan to start with the word: gullible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts