Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suppose Apple either ditched the 17" model or gave the option to go to 19" for an extra, oooh $150 CDN. I think it would be seriously cool (it would have to be able go to a 1600 x 1400 resolution). People could get some serious work done with that amount of screen real estate and on a very tight budget. Sure it would be a bit heavier (does anyone care) and maybe it would eat into the lowend powermac (oxymoron?) market.

Wha-da-ya-say?

[ November 18, 2003, 07:19 AM: Message edited by: Script Kiddie ]

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
I would agree with you..but after lifting my stepmoms emac from the desk to the floor to change ram....the emac is not for the wife or someone with a bad back or wanting a bad back...I don't find them too bad for weight..but a 19" would kill someone...I do agree with you totally on the coolness and usefulmess of a 19" emac and yes the real estate would be wicked! it would be a great lowend graphics solution...so just like they should with software (have cheaper versions for the amatuer) make a lowend mac they will entice amatuers to go to a more powerful system when thier ready! Mark

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
As imactheknife points out, and as I can confirm, the eMacs already weigh a ton. A larger screen would only add to that tonnage.
Is "tonnage" a word? ;)

When I upgraded the RAM on my eMac, I thought I was gonna bust something...and it would not have been my eMac.

But hey...at least you can get a 20" screen on the iMacs now.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Just a feeling, but I think the eMac's days are numbered.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Just a feeling, but I think the eMac's days are numbered.
Not sure... so what do you replace it with as a cost effective entry level desktop with some punch?? I like it, and where it sits in the product line up. We have an LCD vers in the iMac, and the CRT keeps it nice and cheap. PLUS - look @ what you get? take it out and really you have to force folks into a lap - :confused: that may make some sense... but then, you're buying one for your kids as well. :eek: - whoa...

the 19" screen would kill it. Think of the box that it would get shipped in?? Ever seen the box for the 19" Lacie's? :eek:

The foot print grows immensly as well... 17" is perfect.

H!

·
Registered
344 Posts
I've actually rigged up a block and tackle to my ceiling to move my emac around...

When i bought my machine i enquired about the airport card and base station... the salesman looked at me and said "do you really think your going to be strapping this thing on your back and going for a walk around your apartment?"

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah ya bunch a woosies. Where are your wheaties?
Why I've seen The Mayor with an eMac under each arm and feedin' the baby.
Ok was exaggerating about the baby part...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts