1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
Ya. The U of Toronto Bookstore still has them on their price list. I wonder if customer demand will force the 17" iMac back out of hiding, just like it forced Apple to sell the eMac to the general public at the time.

I kinda doubt it, as there are more affordable Mac Solutions right now -- IE: The Mac Mini -- that didn't exist in the days of the eMac.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I agree fyrefly, especially for students, for only 350$ more they get double the ram, double the cache, a processor boost, 3" more real estate and a better graphics card lol

·
Premium Member
3,175 Posts
I agree fyrefly, especially for students, for only 350$ more they get double the ram, double the cache, a processor boost, 3" more real estate and a better graphics card lol
Pity. i would rather spend the $350 on another monitor, hook it up to the 17" imac and have a real boost to real estate. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
The 17" E-iMac is really just a Mac Mini with a built in LCD. And now that the Mac Minis are Core2Duo, there's less reason to get the built in screen, when you can get a better Mac Mini (C2D 2.0Ghz) with more RAM for the same price, and then get whatever LCD screen you want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.