Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You'll never guess what. I'm a 26 year old architecture/design student with 10 years on pc's....and....yes...you guessed it...I'm switching. My first mac will be the subject I posted...at $4200 for a student
. A month to two month wait. I used to love "tinkering" with my pc to get it to optimal performance...but lately...the tinkering is more like getting the thing to run properly so I can do my work.
I have no idea what I'm really jumping into (although I used a P3 tower at a job for 8 months...but it was running OS 9 and crashed like 10 times a day...I swore off macs back then) but it sounds like for a heavy graphics user like me the new OS X and mac are the way to go? I'd love some feedback on fellow converts and heavy graphics users (photoshop, illustrator, CAD, flash - can you run them all at once?! lol)

Also...I'd like to know (if anyone knows) what the equivalent performace of this new powerbook would be in PC terms?

Thanks a lot...and I hope I'm happy with the switch!

Pamela

p.s. I think I posted in the wrong spot originally so sorry for the double post.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
quote:

Originally posted by CubaMark:
One question: You said:
although I used a P3 tower at a job for 8 months...but it was running OS 9 and crashed like 10 times a day...I swore off macs back then

You can't run Mac OS on a P3 tower... are you sure it wasn't Windows 95 or something, dressed up to look like Mac OS 9?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think she meant a G3 PowerMac (ie. G3 tower), at least that's what I took it as. P3... G3, honest mistake.

Yup...honest mistake...like I said..I"m a convert...still trying to rid myself of bad habits
null

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.