Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend looking into downgrading his 17" 1.33 powerbook with 1 gig of ram to something smaller. The problem is that the machine has one pink stuck pixel on the far left about three quarters up the side and hald an inch form the edge. Anybody kow what would be a fair price to ask for it? It still has 7-8 months of applecare I believe. Thanks

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Considering it has AppleCare left, why not get the display fixed for free while you still can?

·
Registered
187 Posts
A little off topic: Is that the standard apple ram or 3rd party? Im looking at upgrading my 15" PBs 512 to a gig and im wondering whose will give me the least headaches =)

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, apple won't even listen to me. Apparently there is a slow pixel in the center as well that is not really noticeable but that makes two questionable pixels and they still don't do anything.

About the ram, we had problems with some generic ram we bought from 18004memory.com and it caused the 1.33 to lock up but seemed ot work on every slower model. it was the correct ram and we did some tests to determine it wasnt the ram bay or ram compatibility, it just didnt seem to work for the 1.33. i havent heard anybody give me any ideas of what a good price would be... let em know please

·
Registered
454 Posts
Lars, Apple won't even listen to your complaints unless you have over 5 dead pixels. Been there done that, better just to accept it as a reality of LCD displays.

Akai, All ram is not Apple ram, as they usually use Kingston or Samsung. As long as the ram is good, you can buy it anywhere, stick it in, and enjoy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts