Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
**Also seen on ehMac Classifieds**
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just ordered a new Blackbook from Apple on Friday, as well as a 250GB/5400 rpm WD Scorpio HD. The computer hasn't even arrived yet, and I will be replacing the hard drive before I even turn the computer on for the first time.

This would be great for someone with a white MacBook and wants the black MacBook's extra HD space!

I would like to sell the stock 160Gb/ 5400 rpm HD that comes with the black MacBook. I assume it already has OS X 10.4 (Tiger), iLife apps, and Office for Mac and iWork demos installed.

Make me an offer I can't refuse!

Payment by PayPal preferred. Will ship across North America, shipping will be buyer's expense.

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
I would highly recommend booting any new machine with the stock configuration at least once, before replacing parts. If the machine is DOA or has warranty issues, it's going to be WAY more difficult to sort it out with Apple if it has been modified.

Also, as a nit-picky issue, selling a drive with Tiger preinstalled on it is technically a copyright violation -- any hard drive should be sold formatted and blank. There was an eBay seller that was slapped by Apple for selling drives with OSX preinstalled.

·
Premium Member
15,710 Posts
Obviously this information belongs in the classifieds and only the classifieds... but so long as we are here, you actually might want to hold on to your installed drive for more than a while. If anything goes wrong with the computer and let's say you have to send it back to Apple, on occasion they simply replace with a refurbed model, with the specs as you bought it; bye bye 250GB hard drive. The same goes for installed RAM.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, I didn't think about copyright issues at all. Thanks CanadaRAM! This drive will be blank and formatted when sold.

Yeah, I never thought of that. My first reaction was to recoup some of my money, but if I cant sell it, I'll definitely keep it.

Daktari, my school's campus store just got some stock in, and I stole it at $198.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts