Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of people seem to be skeptical of these $150 5gig iPod rumours. Your reservations aren't unfounded, but think that a $150 iPod

- The iPod will be redesigned and replaced in the new year. A cheap iPod would be based around an older and wil have limitations. The eMac is a good example of this. It's based loosely around the original iMac design, and uses technology that Apple is phasing out -- ie. CRTs. The eMac is evidence that a entry-level model won't kill the regular product-line.

- Cheap iPods would promote Apple computers amongst the PC crowd. For many a cheap iPod would be their first time buying an Apple product. Cheap iPod could potentially build consumer loyality.

- An entry-level iPod will get people hooked on the product. 5 gigs isn't really all that much, and people are bound to outgrow it. They will want to upgrade and could potentially buy a igh-end iPod.

These are just some ideas that I have. Will the $150 iPod ever be reality? Your guess is as good as mine, but I do know this. If they do come out, I'll be first in line to buy one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts