Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the 12" drive the 20" cinema screen? thinking about own now. I'm sure that it'll drive the 17", but I might as well go for broke!

AS well, was the stove top element issue (heating/burning) dealt with in some s/w updates? is all cool now? Was there anything else to consider in the Rev a vs Rev B discussion? I would search myself, but I'm not getting any results in the searching of ehMac - is the search element of the bb down?? nothing is coming up even when I type in 12"... :confused:

Thanks.

h!

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm... That sux. But it could in theory do it... I would then need to get a 3rd party display then.

What of the heat? all gone?

h!

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
I don't own an 867 but I have had a few setup in the showroom. With software updates, the heat issue is better but the way it is better is the fan comes on more. Less heat = more noise. Nothing to serious though.

The 1GHz 12" is much better than the 867 for heat. As well, it has DVI out so a DVI-ADC adapter is much cheaper.

There are lots of 3rd party displays that will plug into an 867. They aren't as nice as the Apple but some are very close. You will also be able to get a bigger 3rd party for the price of the Apple.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts