Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter has a 12" PowerBook which is loaded to the hilt - airport, bluetooth, dvd burner... It's a lovely little machine, but the logic board is showing problems, it is now developing the dreaded white spots on the screen, and also has a few "pops" at different intervals and has a bit of a problem waking from sleep. It goes in today to our I.T. dept for a look-see. Other than that, it works just great!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi,

Well,I sold my iBook800 fully loaded too (combo drive, 640MB ram, airport) to my best friend, and waddyuknow...the logic board fries 2 weeks ago..5 days before the guarantee expires....She got AppleCare that day....that would have been a 1000$ repair...seem to be a general problem with laptops by Apple.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've got a problem as well with my 12" powerbook waking up. When I have the lid close, if I move the lid a bit (the lid doesn't close all the way) it wakes up and goes back to sleep. I've got a Rev. A.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Well,I sold my iBook800 fully loaded too (combo drive, 640MB ram, airport) to my best friend, and waddyuknow...the logic board fries 2 weeks ago..5 days before the guarantee expires....She got AppleCare that day....that would have been a 1000$ repair...seem to be a general problem with laptops by Apple.

Hardly. You just only hear about the people who have problems. My iBook is now two years old (and one year out of warranty) and I have never had a major hardware problem. I know many others who've had the same experience.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
I had a iBook 500 for two years and did not have a single problem with it. The dealer I bought it from for $1399 (sold as demo with full warranty) gave me $900 for it two years later with 10 months of Apple Care left.

I then bought an Al 1Ghz 12.1" Powerbook with SD and it too has performed flawlessly.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
No problems with my 12" PB Rev. B

Though I did have a really big white spot in the center of my screen. Turns out it was the sun going in through the Apple "hole" on the back of the screen, so I when I want I could have an Apple shaped white spot.

Otherwise, my screen is just a little darker then most other LCDs.

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
I've had no problems with my Rev A. although I had the same jolt of fear when I saw sun light coming through the Apple logo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts