ehMac banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
I haven't seen a MacBook Pro with retina display yet. I hope they don't do the same thing with the retina display MacBook Air's when they eventually release them. Anyway, that's what I'm waiting for -- a MacBook Air with Retina display.

·
Premium Member
15,399 Posts
It seems that another user agrees with you: ;)

The Retina MacBook Pro; What was Apple thinking? « Splurgebook

"The New MacBook Pro has a slightly redesigned hinge where the display is mounted slightly upwards, possibly to allow for a slimmer chassis design. This means that the glass bezel is no longer uniform, makes the display slightly more distracting than other models.
It’s a small niggle, I know. But for a company which seems to care about the small details, it’s a big slip up to make."

·
Registered
174 Posts
If this is the biggest problem in your life, you don't have any problems. I have a MBP with retina display and the 'weird bezel' doesn't bother me at all. The redesigned hinge makes engineering sense for a slimmer build. I'd just as soon have the slimmer build as big hinges so the bezel is centred. Life is full of compromises.

Having had the SSD, I'll never go back to something that spins.

·
Premium Member
15,399 Posts
As I read and understand the main reason for the new re-design was to improve it with a whole new hinge design and to avoid some of the hassles and troubles the old design had. As well as making it better for the new in vogue "thinner" thing designs.

I guess if it really bothers you, you could always sell it and get an older model and their hinge problems. ;)

·
Premium Member
15,399 Posts
OK.
So let's just call and treat it as a "Stupid rant" as you said in your original post, and carry on. ;)

·
Premium Member
15,399 Posts
I think we'er back to the "+1" or whatever supportive reply method some users sometimes use.

But thanks anyway. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts