Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,314 Posts
Okay... so the new iPhone pics have been leaked (they seem really legitimate) so they could be real... or they may not be...

iPhone 5 Leaked images [Video] | Absinthe Jailbreak.com

Look at those pictures. What is okay about the back of that phone?

It has two awkward shiny (glass?) strips at either end of the back of it... one which ends awkwardly close to the camera lens at the top.

One pro is that the black one has a black border around the phone...
You know that Apple creates all kinds of prototypes that it never uses, right? And that old Steve was more proud of the designs they didn't use than the ones they did? Unless it's an item lost in a bar in Cupertino for which Apple is willing to pay a king's ransom for/get the cops to bust the doors down, chances are it's not the iPhone 5.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Ugh, please lord not a new connector... :p

Other than that, no real opinion... Apple's gonna do what Apple's gonna do. I may or may not buy into the product cycle this time around anyways.

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
As convincing as this particular leak is, which I first saw about a month or so ago, I just can't help but think it has to be phoney. The pictures are of course rendered so no reason to take them seriously, but that second video is what gets people the most I think. However that video seems fishy too since they are using it to advertise their website which sells parts for all kinds of mobile products. They even have this "part" for sale on their site. For all I know, they manufactured it themselves. It also just seems way too early for a leak like this to surface in my opinion.

·
IAMSTIG
2,676 Posts
Real or not this is likely very close to what I expect we will see in a few months. I'm not thrilled with moving the headphone jack or the new dock connector but I'll buy one anyway to replace my 4.

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
honestly if the next iphone looks like this then I most likely will no longer be an iphone user, especially after the small update iOS 6 seems to bring to the software side. Apple really has been disappointing me lately both with their products and with all the legal crap they are doing against their competitors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts