ehMac banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I updated OS X 10.8.2 to the supplemental update this morning. Since that time the network connections are broken. I cannot connect at all via Ethernet or wifi. When I look at what is happening, is see that my MBP cycles between connecting and disconnecting whether on wifi or Ethernet connection. I've never seen this before. Does anyone else have this happening since the supplemental update today? One of my colleagues did the same update and has the same problem.

Please can anyone help?

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
So far no problems with the supplemental update on both my 10.8.2 system at home and my 10.7.5 system at work. Perhaps re-run the update? Additionally, try to create a new network location under System Prefs > Network.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried creating a new network location and that didn't help. How do you download an update again?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OMG I think it is working, I'm on my MPB now. Thanks so much monokitty!!!!!! I downloaded the update to a USB key and ran it on my MBP. Then I went into the network settings and it is working again!!!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My colleague's computer is acting up still. On wifi it is on. On Ethernet, the connection is on off on off etc. any ideas? He already downloaded the update from Apple support and ran it, but it didn't help.

·
Apple Certified
2,726 Posts
My colleague's computer is acting up still. On wifi it is on. On Ethernet, the connection is on off on off etc. any ideas? He already downloaded the update from Apple support and ran it, but it didn't help.
Go to Terminal:

sudo ifconfig (note the identifier for your Ethernet, usually en0)
sudo ifconfig en0 down
sudo ifconfig en0 up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts