Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one experiencing a larger than normal drop in battery life with 10.5.7?

My MBA RevB was plugged in all evening last night - fully charged. I stuck it in my backpack to take with me today and when I opened it up - the battery said 88% Charged. Where'd my 12% go? It can't take *that* much power to keep the machine asleep!

I'm also 99% sure there wasn't this much drain during sleep with 10.5.6. :(

Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

·
Premium Member
11,953 Posts
Am I the only one experiencing a larger than normal drop in battery life with 10.5.7?

My MBA RevB was plugged in all evening last night - fully charged. I stuck it in my backpack to take with me today and when I opened it up - the battery said 88% Charged. Where'd my 12% go? It can't take *that* much power to keep the machine asleep.
Very likely what happened is that your MBA got "woken up" by a jolt somewhere along the line and then went back to sleep after (however long you've set for it to sleep on battery). This happens more often than people realise.

·
You are just an illusion
2,856 Posts
And for those who doesn't know. disconnecting a bluetooth device wakes up the computer.

·
Indigent Academic
8,115 Posts
Battery seems fine with 10.5.7 on my 1st gen MBA.

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very likely what happened is that your MBA got "woken up" by a jolt somewhere along the line and then went back to sleep after (however long you've set for it to sleep on battery). This happens more often than people realise.
This would make sense if this has only happened once... but this happens quite frequently... Hmm, guess I'll google around and see if others are experiencing these problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts