Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heads Halo fans. I just installed 10.2.3 patch and Halo seems to have slowed down.

I was running it at 800x600 everything turned up to highest levels and it was working fine (1.33 Ghz Powerbook). After installing 10.2.3 patch, even knocking res down to 640x480 it seems sluggish.

[ December 18, 2003, 07:02 AM: Message edited by: kaycee ]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just an addendum to this.

There are ATI drivers on the Halo disc that can be installed. Installing them seems to return things to there pre 10.3.2 performance level.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
I just installed 10.2.3 patch and Halo seems to have slowed down.
Um, you mean 10.3.2. :confused:

On another note, what version are the ATI drivers on the Halo disc?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, yest 10.3.2...whoops.

The drivers on the disc are 4.1.1 there are two sets of drivers, one for 10.2.8 and one for 10.3.x.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Weird that the Panther drivers for all RADEON cards don't appear on the ATI web site (the ones that are on the Halo disc). All that ATI offers for downloads on their web site are "ATI Displays" (which aren't drivers) for Panther.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, it's actually ATI Displays 4.1.1 that was installed off of the Halo disc. But it certainly changed something, there was definitely a performance difference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i'm running 10.3.2 on my G4 800 imac and with everything running on high settings except for anti-A ( have it turned off ) and it seems to run acceptable ( a few studders here and there ). although the colors and what not look washed out and somewhat bland.

i owned it when i had an xbox and beat the game. but was able to find someone that bought it and didn't like it at all and picked it up dirt cheap ..... so for the price i paid i thought i would add it to my collection.

not bad, but the warthog could be a little better in the looks dept.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts