Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Thankfully I'm still running 10.2.6 without problems.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank goodness I'm fine. The only glitch was Transparent Dock and they have posted an update for that.

·
Premium Member
17,980 Posts
Er... yikes! :eek:

I've just updated both my clamshell (300mhz) iBook and our 800mhz FP iMac (SuperDrive) to 10.2.8.

No problems to report so far.... but I did backup the ethernet extension as MacFixit recommended.

Still... all seems to be ok... (fingers crossed)

M.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
I posted this in the 10.2.8 Ready for download thread.

Must be fixing the bugs that have popped up, should be re-released in a few days.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm a video editor (this isn't a rant), but I've decided to slow down and wait a month before doing anything with upgrades. This year I have had Panther, FCP 4, my aurora video card updates to keep up with the first two and things have been buggy. Not necessarily from one piece of software, but when you start putting them together with third party stuff OOOH-HA. Leading edge is becoming bleeding edge these days

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Whoa. Apple screw up?

Who knows. My iMac has been running solid under 10.2.8. Let's hope that everything continues that way.

·
Left The Building
8,381 Posts
My Flat-Panel iMac's been just fine since I updated to 10.2.8 last evening. No problems whatsoever - smooth sailing, everything works just fine. Knock wood! I feel bad for those having problems - but we know Apple will get it straightened out...

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Wow! :eek: As I launched Safari to pass through ehMac...I also launched System Preferences thinking I would update.

Boy...am I ever glad I stopped in the forums first. I am hitting the breaks on any stinkin' updates.

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
I decided to wait when I saw all of the banter going on over at Apple Discussions. Apple has had some major screw ups on some of their previous updates, so I find that it's always best to wait a few days and check on the complaints before hand...

·
ehMac KungFu Master
5,768 Posts
No problems on our systems here but I told my customers to hold off until I had to chance to test it out.

Good thing they listened I guess

·
Registered
762 Posts
I had to totally reinstall 10.2.6 and apps. After almost 24 hours I'm back to normal................ well my PB is, not me ;)

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Finally unplugged my book to bring with me and the estimated battery life has decreased on mine as well. I'll stick with 10.2.8 as long as nothing else goes wrong.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I never liked Apple Software Update for OS updates. I knew this problem would eventually come along. They better damn make sure this doesn't happen again!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts