Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
been using 10.2.5 6l28 since tues..i'm a ADC member....fixes a lot of little bugs...also i noticed that the 6L28 update for the server software will not let you run the original safari beta..installed safari 71 and it worked fine, so i thing safari update coming soon...

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the free ADC membership
I havent read all the newsletters lately, either way I usally wait for some reviews to throw some new update on my business machine
Mark

·
Registered
15 Posts
ya i here ya but i'm on my home machine i don't mind reinstalling if i have to..plus i installed it on a partitioned drive....by the way i notice you from Hamilton ..I Lived there all my live uptil last year.moved to grimsby with the new wife..ever been to light computer center on lock street

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you bet
I live about 10 blocks from Light
This Mac came from them
There sales staff has gone downhill, but the service guy Joe has been there for over 20 years and he is great.

·
Registered
15 Posts
ya i know Joe he's great i bought my iPod there in the summer..plus i used to by all my macs there before my eMac...bought that at future shop got a free printer with it....ya the staff always changes everytime i go in.........

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the iPods but I cannot justify buying one, because I dont use any kind of portable music device, but a PDA with Music features, the firewire hard drive(with boot function), and some productivity software could almost be justified for me.
Maybe someday, they do seem kinda cool

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've bought a few Macs from Light too. Haven't been there for quite a while now. The rep I dealt with left, guess like most of sales staff. I found Joe great to deal with too.

·
Registered
656 Posts
there's a really nice lady named heather at light computers (she's new) and she helps me out quite a bit. i got my jbl creatures from her.

there was a dude named mark there that was very friendly, but blew as a sales person.

as always though, i usually go through my futureshop for my apple needs.

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
daycus
yoiu might as well , Im sure you get an employee discount
Does Future Shop have Eye TV from El gato?

·
Registered
656 Posts
i don't know. i don't think so. i don't venture too far in the peripheral department. i'm usually just behind the digicam counter. i'll check for you when i go back to work tomorrow, though.

how do i become an ADC member?

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
OSX 10.2.5 update is now available via SW Update.
It's 39.9MB; after installation Apple System Profiler identifies it as Mac OSX 10.2.5 (6L29) Darwin Kernel Version 6.5 Mon Apr 7.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Don't know if you know, but if you have multiple computers (that are all running the same version of Mac OS X), you can save the installer to disk by turning on the install checkbox and selecting download to desktop from the utility menu!

You have to be current because you're not getting a combined installer updater, just enough to update previous to current versions.

Whoo hoo, that means no more lugging around computers to my ethernet wire!

John

1 - 15 of 15 Posts