Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since installing 10.2.5, my system will no longer read my Unreal CD. Nor will my iBook.

Some CD's are recogized, but some are not.

Use caution with 10.2.5 until I can sort this out!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
I had one issue with 10.2.5, on a PowerBook 867 today. After the instal and restart, Safari (and a few other apps) would not launch. just bounce bounce and then nothing.

However, a restart fixed the problem.

And out of the 8 installs I have done it was the only problem.

--PB

·
Registered
237 Posts
Optical media I/O work fine on my Dual 1GHz Quicksilver and my Powerbook - and 10.2.5 fixed the date time bug being reset to 1969 that affected my Mac

·
Registered
223 Posts
My iBook is now plagued with this digital clicking noise when it is not plugged in (12" 800mhz - sound is emitted through the speakers, mute does nothing, only playing other music halts it).

This has been discussed in the Apple Knowledge Base here: http://discussions.info.apple.com/[email protected]@.3bc172d2

(I hope that link works, if not just go to the iBook area and look in the forum titled Usage).

Beware (this is the first time early adopting has bit me in the ass). :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
I just had a wierd occurance with my iBook 600, there was a Kernel Panic after waking up from sleep.

That never happened before, from 10.1 which the machine came with to 10.2.4, ever.

Wierd.

--PB

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
No problems on my eMac either (fingers crossed).

In fact, 10.2.5 fixed quite a few issues I was having with my display.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Just upgraded my Beige Box G3 with the update - no problems to date! In fact, the entire Finder seems speeder, woot!

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
No problems for me, except my number pad on my keyboard still won't work :mad: Wish I know why it won't work...

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have the same problem as parousia and insertclevername a few postings back. Since instaling 10.2.5 about 3 days ago, I have been unable to recover after putting my imac 17" to sleep. On "waking up", the screen flashes all kinds of junk, looking to me like memory has gone crazy. Nothing I tried could recover the system, nor could I get a restart - had to pull the plug or shut it off using the on/off switch then restart.

I assume this is a bug in 10.2.5, as sleep was ok in 10.2.4. Instead of sleep , I look at pretty pictures using "Screen Effects' from the System Preferences. Hoping that Apple will fix this soon, as I get a hassle from the wife whenever I waste electricity, no matter how little.

Johnny.

·
Registered
226 Posts
So, for those of us who haven't upgraded yet, is it worth it?

I had no problems with 10.2.4 despite all the warnings for it, but I'm apprehensive about installing a system that this many people are having trouble with. :confused:

I guess part of the answer to my question will depend on the answer to jfpoole's question. ^^

·
Registered
78 Posts
Except for the problem with the sleep function which I can live without till the next update, I am delighted with 10.2.5. It seems to work faster than the earlier one, and has been very reliable. I like it better than the last version.

Johnny.

·
Registered
42 Posts
emac here, did all updates. no probs. but i had reinstalled about a month ago after having some problems with inital updates..

·
Registered
762 Posts
I had the same problem with the Sleep when I did the 10.2.4 update, so I did a clean install and did the 10.2.4 combo update, no more problems.
No problems with the 10.2.5 update

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
I just had another kernel panic after waking my machine up. In my case, it only seems to happen when the machines is asleep for an extended amount of time but considering that I rarely turn the thing off it is freaking annoying.

--PB

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
I'm having an intermittent problem with sleep on my 17" iMac, but not the same as others. I can recover fine after sleep, no major issues. The only odd thing I noticed is my computer waking from sleep without me asking it to. And it seems to be right after I put it in sleep. For example, yesterday, I put my computer to sleep, the screen shut off, I turned around, and my screen came back on! ??? So I put it to sleep again, and it stayed there. Happened twice so far.

Other than that, works great!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Okay, I went for it and upgraded, and no problems so far...phew! :cool: Sleep functions properly, as does CD recognition. So far, so good.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts