Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Steve Jobs

Votes: 17 56.7%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,657 Posts
Hmmm... what's the point of the poll - "Who's your favourite Steve at Apple?"

Guess which 'Steve" is no longer or even has any direct association with Apple or is even 'at Apple'.

One of them is no longer "at Apple", and one of them 'has left the building'... a long time ago!!!

But besides my nit picking, I'll vote for the "Woz" as without his tech ability and thinking the Apple Mac would never have even existed.

My second vote goes to the other Steve that has brought the Apple Mac back into the real world of computing for "the rest of us" as they used to say!!!

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm... what's the point of the poll - "Who's your favourite Steve at Apple?"

Guess which 'Steve" is no longer or even has any direct association with Apple or is even 'at Apple'.

One of them is no longer "at Apple", and one of them 'has left the building'... a long time ago!!!

But besides my nit picking, I'll vote for the "Woz" as without his tech ability and thinking the Apple Mac would never have even existed.

My second vote goes to the other Steve that has brought the Apple Mac back into the real world of computing for "the rest of us" as they used to say!!!
Maybe you should read the link to Steve Wozniak in the poll. ;) Steve Wozniak is still an employee at Apple, still gets a cheque from Apple, and is also still a shareholder. :)

The point of this Mac poll on a Mac site, is to see which Steve ehMacian Mac users and geek and nerds like myself, like better. :D Also, to discuss to the two very contrasting characters. I bet outside of an Apple fan site, Wozniak is more liked that Steve Jobs.

So far in our poll, Jobs is in the lead though.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would Steve Jobs do a magic trick for you in a shopping mall? :heybaby: :D

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I've always like Woz better. Sure Jobs was/is the driving force behind Apple's commercial success, I just identify with Woz more.

Besides the other Wozisms mr mayor pointed out, no one saw Jobs on Dancing with the Stars!

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Woz's favorite video game is Tetris. In the 1990s he submitted so many high scores for the game to Nintendo Power that they would no longer print his scores, so he started sending them in under the alphabetically reversed "Evets Kainzow".:)

He also very much enjoys his Segway.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

·
Seriously?
4,442 Posts
Maybe you should read the link to Steve Wozniak in the poll. ;) Steve Wozniak is still an employee at Apple, still gets a cheque from Apple, and is also still a shareholder. :)

The point of this Mac poll on a Mac site, is to see which Steve ehMacian Mac users and geek and nerds like myself, like better. :D Also, to discuss to the two very contrasting characters. I bet outside of an Apple fan site, Wozniak is more liked that Steve Jobs.

So far in our poll, Jobs is in the lead though.
I did not know Woz was still an employee. I always thought he left and just kept his shares. Learn something new every day.

·
Frequently Befuddled
843 Posts
I think they've both been vital to Apple in their own ways - it took the two of them to get it started, and while Mr. Jobs has perhaps been more instrumental lately in producing new toys for me to spend money on, I think I'd rather hang out with Mr. Wozniak.

So I won't vote for either of them - I figure I like them both about the same, overall.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I voted for Woz. I think he is a bit more likeable. I think Jobs has always been the driving force behind Apple, but Woz has always been a bit more personable.

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
Yeah, but has he actually done anything for Apple in the last decade or two??? I have a feeling that this is more of a honourary thing.

·
Premium Member
20,720 Posts
Yeah, but has he actually done anything for Apple in the last decade or two??? I have a feeling that this is more of a honourary thing.
The question was who do you like better not who has done more for Apple. Everything I know of Woz tells me that I would definitely like him better as a friend than Jobs so I voted for Woz.

·
Premium Member
7,115 Posts
While I think The Woz™ is a fun-loving guy who you know would be the life of the party, I'd love to have a chance to pick Jobs' brain.

·
Premium Member
15,657 Posts
Hmmm... I guess the Steve J would have to win considering the original poll question: "Who's your favourite Steve at Apple?"

The key word being "at" and that I referred to previously that the Woz had left the Apple headquarters building some years ago.

Yes, he still and always will be an Apple cofounder and he is still getting "paid", but he's definitely not been "at" the Apple headquarters or any affiliates lately. At least not officially. ;-)

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hmmm... I guess the Steve J would have to win considering the original poll question: "Who's your favourite Steve at Apple?"

The key word being "at" and that I referred to previously that the Woz had left the Apple headquarters building some years ago.

Yes, he still and always will be an Apple cofounder and he is still getting "paid", but he's definitely not been "at" the Apple headquarters or any affiliates lately. At least not officially. ;-)
Don't really think anyone got hung up on that.

Title of thread is, "Which Steve do you like better, Jobs or Wozniak?"

They both worked at Apple.

If you want to get picky, technically Steve Jobs is not at Apple right now, he's on medical leave. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts