Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
On a recent visit to an Apple© store I made this little video,
ehMac Forum - Hearts video at Atlanta, GA - Apple Store

At the Apple© Store they have all the equipment, Camera's, Video Camera's, Internet connection.

With a little know-how you can login to your dot.Mac account and upload anything you work on at the store (That is if employee's don't object to you working on the demo Mac's)

So I figured we could start a little contest.

Here's the deal.

The Prize: ehMac Swag - 1 (one) ehMac T-Shirt - Delivered to your door!
Purchase by me 'Heart'.

The Objective: The first to video tape an Apple© Employee, in an Apple Store saying " ehMac.ca "
(Something I should have done originally)

Let me make/keep it simple and clear:
1. An Apple© Employee (The folks that wear the neat Apple© shirts and talk tech)
2. In the Apple© Store (Not in the Food Court, not in the hall way, In the Apple© Store)
3. Saying "ehMac.ca"

The proof will be your post for all of us to see!

-----
Yeah!
I know all the stores are in the U.S. and ths is a
Canadian Community but thats part of the game.

Any questions?
Just ask and I will clarify.
Happy hunting!

--
I am a happy winner of two ehMac contests.
I was a winner of a program (Starry Night) and Swag (Picture of me in Swag - Coming Soon),
so now I am giving back to the community.

Copyright © 2002 Apple Computer, Inc.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
hmmmmm, how about Apple Re-sellers :D

I can do that one in about 10 mins!

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MacDaddy:
hmmmmm, how about Apple Re-sellers :D

I can do that one in about 10 mins!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No way, too easy!

Apple© Store Inc., Apple© Employee, ehMac.ca
Easy as 1-2-3.

Copyright © 2002 Apple Computer, Inc.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Heart, I might have you on a technicality. Howver, being an honest linguist, I might not take you up on your offer. You see, we have an Apple Store here in St. John's, complete with a sign The Apple Store. However, it sells just that, apples. It was once a fruit store, but not specializes in apples. So, since you did write "Apple Store, Apple Employee, ehMac.ca Easy as 1-2-3.", you need to specify that it is an Apple Computer store. It is implied, but inferences based on semantics is no legal defense. :D :eek: :D

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Trademarks: Apple paid $30 million to use the name "Apple"

Trademark law is like patent law in that the first one who claims it gets to own it. The Beatles recorded on their own label, Apple Records. When Apple Computer was founded it agreed not to use the Apple name in the music business. Later, when the Macintosh played music, the Beatles sued. Apple Computer settled paying about $30 million dollars to use the name "Apple."

---
You better go down to the "Apple Store" and let them know that a bunch of Apple© Employees, Big Named Lawyers, Steve Jobs, Heart, a couple baseball bats and some friends from The Sopranos®, are on their way to St.John's, Newfoundland to collect. :D

University professor's are a tough crowd. ;)
--
P.S. Updated posts to reflect the Copyright © 2002 Apple Computer, Inc. information.

Public Officials have their privilages. ;)

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Heart, for the past 500+ year, St. John's has survived winds, rain, fire, floods, epidemic, crushing unemployment, etc, etc, etc. You really don't think that folks here in St. John's would stand by and let a mom and pop store the size of my university office be closed down by a big corporation?!? First, if the Apple Canada lawyers could even find us (remember, the Apple Canada online store wanted to know if Newfoundland and Labrador was part of Canada?), they would never make it to the store. Remember the classic line that Rick told to Major Stasser when asked if he could envision German troops in New York City "Well, there are parts of New York that I wouldn't recommend going to after dark." Mrs. Lar, the owner of the store can still fling a Mac apple (the real things) at age 87.
Still, my lawyer has assured me that I would win any lawsuit against you should I try and claim my prize. Of course, he would charge me a non-refundable retainer of $5000 to undertake this lawsuit and bring it to a victorious conclusion. So, unless the SWAG is worth more than a new iMac with everything included, I shall not retain his services, or the services of any of the lawyers in his firm of "Dewey, Cheatem and Howe".
Still, it was a unique challenge, even though it was linguistically and semantically flawed. If you think university profs are tough, you should see the first grade teachers here in St. John's. They have been said to have trained US Navy SEALS in hand-to-hand combat at the old Argentia Naval Station. :D ;) :eek: :confused:

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I tried. But I couldn't get a Houston AppleStore employee to say ehMac.ca on camera. "more than my jobs worth" was one reply. I did get to play around with getting a movie uploaded though and learnt a few thangs. See here .

Good luck guys. I give up, y'all and am now bracing for Hurricane Lilly....

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
jwoodget that was so close......
so close......
oh man.......

I think you gota smooze em'

Maybe we will have to bribe them with Swag to win Swag.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Gonna be in Niagara Falls, I may be able to scoot over to the Buffalo Apple Store and smoose an employee tomorrow or Wednesday.

We shall see if this contest can be completed. Even by me the guy that started it.

---
P.S. The mayor has been working on the site I see, nice little touches. I like the eWorld to X updates.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts