161 - 180 of 210 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
117,369 Posts
Schneider to the rescue.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,369 Posts
Stayed up to watch overtime in Vancouver. Sorry to see them go out so soon. :( Hard to think that they were the #1 team in the league and won the President's Cup. Hopefully, the Rangers will not suffer this same fate. We shall see.

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
Stayed up to watch overtime in Vancouver. Sorry to see them go out so soon. :( Hard to think that they were the #1 team in the league and won the President's Cup. Hopefully, the Rangers will not suffer this same fate. We shall see.
I'm quite enjoying the drama this year. First the Red Wings, then the Penguins, then the Sharks and Canucks. It's like the changing of the guard with all the (so-called) powerhouse teams getting knocked out.

The drama continues with the Blackhawks and the Rangers on the verge. The Bruins/Capitals series is really compelling too.

I guess that the parity that the NHL was trying to achieve has been realized this year. And I'm not complaining. This is a win-win for all of the fans, instead of half the fans. :clap:

·
Canadian By Choice
117,369 Posts
I'm quite enjoying the drama this year. First the Red Wings, then the Penguins, then the Sharks and Canucks. It's like the changing of the guard with all the (so-called) powerhouse teams getting knocked out.

The drama continues with the Blackhawks and the Rangers on the verge. The Bruins/Capitals series is really compelling too.

I guess that the parity that the NHL was trying to achieve has been realized this year. And I'm not complaining. This is a win-win for all of the fans, instead of half the fans. :clap:
Well, I shall be pulling for the Rangers to go all the way this year. We shall see.

Paix, mon ami.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
I can't really disagree. But it's pretty disappointing to see only one Canadian team left, and them with a very good chance of being eliminated in the first round. It somehow isn't a proper series without at least one Canadian team. :(

·
Canadian By Choice
117,369 Posts
I can't really disagree. But it's pretty disappointing to see only one Canadian team left, and them with a very good chance of being eliminated in the first round. It somehow isn't a proper series without at least one Canadian team. :(
I hate to see the last Canadian team eliminated, but I am pulling for my NY Rangers. I was really hoping for a Rangers-Canucks 1994 Stanley Cup finals rematch.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,369 Posts
Rangers draw first blood. May it be the winning margin. We shall see.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,369 Posts
Rangers are one win away from moving on to the next round. Sadly, they won't get the Stanley Cup finals rematch with Vancouver as in 1994. C'est la vie.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,369 Posts
Rangers need one more win to move on to the next round. We shall see.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,369 Posts
Rangers win game #7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, it is on to a repeat of The 1994 Battle of the Hudson River .............. and we all know how that eneded. Another NY Rangers Stanley Cup??????????? We shall see.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,369 Posts
Rangers strike first blood.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,369 Posts
Rangers win in NJ to keep the home ice advantage.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,369 Posts
Do or die tonight for the Rangers. Where is Mark Messier now that we need him to make a bold game 6 prediction of victory???

·
Canadian By Choice
117,369 Posts
No Mark Messier .............. no game #6 victory for the Rangers ................. no Stanley Cup this years. C'est la vie. :(

·
Canadian By Choice
117,369 Posts
I think that the NY Rangers might have done better against the LA Kings ................ but one has to give LA credit ............ they won the Stanley Cup fair and square.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,369 Posts
As of 2012, the Toronto Maple Leafs had won thirteen Stanley Cup championships, second only to the twenty-four championships of their primary rival, the Montreal Canadiens. They won their last championship in 1967. The 45-year drought between championships is currently the NHL's longest, excluding teams added in the 1967 expansion which doubled the team count to twelve. They are the only "Original Six" team which has not won the Stanley Cup championship since.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,369 Posts
The Los Angeles Kings blasted away 45 years of futility with a 6-1 win over the New Jersey Devils to capture the Stanley Cup.

The win marks the first National Hockey League championship for the Kings in the team's history.

Los Angeles, virtually disregarded going into the playoffs, became the first-ever No. 8 seed and lowest seed in the modern era to win the NHL championship.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Getting 3 goals on that 5 minute power play in the first period pretty much made the rest of the game a formality. I admire the fight in the Devils to have kept playing (even scoring one) after that, but Quick wasn't going to let in 4 goals on the dozen or so shots they managed.

I was glad to see Quick getting the Conn Smythe trophy; after that playoff run it seemed like a no-brainer.

Perhaps the finals will have a Canadian team next year.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,369 Posts
"I was glad to see Quick getting the Conn Smythe trophy; after that playoff run it seemed like a no-brainer." True. 7 goals allowed in 5 games in the final round. Wow. :eek::clap:

"Perhaps the finals will have a Canadian team next year." We shall see. If the Rangers can't win it I would like to see a Canadian team bring the Cup back home.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,369 Posts
161 - 180 of 210 Posts