Sound issues. - Page 4 - ehMac.ca
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Nov 14th, 2019, 04:03 PM   #31
Honourable Citizen

Quote:
OK - I tracked down the 'coreaudiod' in Activity Monitor. Force Quit it, it came back immediately, and so did the sound!

Well, that sounds like a bit of success...

Maybe download and reinstall iTunes again as that seems to be where the problem started in the first place according to your #1 post in this thread:
Quote:
I have been running my MacMini (late 2014) OSX 10.13.6 without any fuss. I updated the iTunes app as directed and as is my normal practice but then .....
A bit of a strange one I must say...

- Patrick
======
pm-r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 17th, 2019, 08:11 PM   #32
Full Citizen

Just a final update . if I select a tune, video (Youtube, email attachment, News report), game etc and select it to play and the sound suddenly cuts out, the tune, video, game etc freezes together with the sound. If I then go to Activity Monitor, select 'coreaudiod' and quit it, the daemon reappears instantly and the pre-selected video, tune etc immediately resumes playing without rebooting anything, but from the moment it quit. How weird is that? I wish I could pair it to a function key - would save time.
Thanks everyone for your help. Much appreciated.
bobloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2019, 10:01 PM   #33
Honourable Citizen

Quote:
I wish I could pair it to a function key - would save time.

Maybe you could, but I'm not exactly sure on what you are wanting to do.
Take a look at your System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts tab.
You should be able to set something up and there for what you want to do.

Another option would be to use SimpleKeys.app that I use to make use of some function keys as well as other scripts and text and other things:
https://www.pidog.com/wp/sdm_downloads/simplekeys/
or
https://www.pidog.com/wp/simplekeys-2/

I would still suggest reinstalling iTunes, and I would definitely be inclined to download and reinstall the compatible Mac OS X COMBO Update.

Something is not right with that Mac of yours.

Among other things, I use SimpleKeys to launch or switch several applications with a single press of a F key, and it does help to be using an Apple exrented keyboard with its extra F keys.

- Patrick
======
pm-r is offline   Reply With Quote