Is this the new Mac Pro? - Page 4 - ehMac.ca
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Today, 11:46 AM   #31
Honourable Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubaMark View Post
I experienced that when my 2014 Retina MacBook Pro died, and I had to use a 2013 MacBook Air for a bit. I was surprised at how difficult it was to go back to an older screen technology...
Yes, the first move to a retina screen MacBook Pro made any sub resolution look even worse. That is the problem, you move up in resolution and there is no going back.

Had a nice LED Panasonic 1080p TV that was great, parents needed a new TV but did not want one enough to pay for one that size so I just gave them mine and bought a 4K that was on sale. Now the 1080p that I loved looks, well, not 4K. A much cleaner picture and the upscaling is fantastic.
“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.” Bishop Desmond Tutu
wonderings is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 11:49 AM   #32
Honourable Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexdiy View Post
My eyes are aging rapidly too, Patrick. But I find a lower resolution/ lower dot pitch more pleasant these days.

Texts get smaller and smaller as resolution increases.

Yes everything can get rather small with the higher resolutions, and I just spent a fortune on my first pair of prescription glasses @78 years (I just used normal Drugstore type $10- $20 Reading glasses for years ) which are actually referred to as "Digital Glasses", with some color and glare and reflection blocking.

They made the screen a bit sharper, so to make it even better, I have adjusted and enlarged the text size and maybe the font for most applications, especially email and browses etc. That stopped any squinting.

I had tried lowering the resolution, but it produced a slight blur by comparison to increasing the application's font size.

Also some fonts appear bigger, clearer and sharper, even though the font size remained the same. So a bit of trial and error was involved to get things ready and easy to read without any fuzziness from a lower resolution and larger font result setting.

- Patrick
======
pm-r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:04 PM   #33
Honourable Citizen

Maybe we will find out something at the next Apple event that was just announced for June 3.
https://www.cnet.com/news/apple-send...os-developers/

This is a developer conference, not sure if they announce any hardware at this time other then letting everyone know how Apple continues to make the world a better place.

Have to say I have pretty much lost all faith in Apple doing anything that will get me excited or have me wanting to hand over more of my money.

There was a recent update to the MacBook Pros with updated CPU's. Curiosity had me look at the different models again and noticed something peculiar. Hard drive sizes seem to vary in price based on model. If you want a 512 gig SSD for a new MacBook Air you are paying $500. Now if you want a 13" MacBook Pro and want the 512 gig SSD you are paying $240.

Why is the MacBook Air double the price for the same size??? Also crazy that you can buy a 1 TB SSD (Apple does not use traditional SSD drives) on amazon for $130-$150. I guess Apples is that much better and worth that HUGE price increase because it is soldered on and cannot be swapped or replaced... wait that sounds like a negative.
“If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.” Bishop Desmond Tutu
wonderings is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Today, 04:29 PM   #34
Honourable Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm-r View Post
Yes everything can get rather small with the higher resolutions, and I just spent a fortune on my first pair of prescription glasses @78 years (I just used normal Drugstore type $10- $20 Reading glasses for years ) which are actually referred to as "Digital Glasses", with some color and glare and reflection blocking.

They made the screen a bit sharper, so to make it even better, I have adjusted and enlarged the text size and maybe the font for most applications, especially email and browses etc. That stopped any squinting.

I had tried lowering the resolution, but it produced a slight blur by comparison to increasing the application's font size.

Also some fonts appear bigger, clearer and sharper, even though the font size remained the same. So a bit of trial and error was involved to get things ready and easy to read without any fuzziness from a lower resolution and larger font result setting.

- Patrick
======
Sound advice, Patrick!

I assume you are familiar with the "control-scroll" feature as well?